Clearing To Do List offline?

Discussion in 'TiVo Underground' started by UpLate2, Aug 29, 2007.

1. UpLate2

UpLate2 New Member

Sep 20, 2003

Advertisements

I have an upgraded Series 1 DirecTivo (DSR6000) which is stuck in a Welcome-Almost-Reboot cycle. Based on it's behavior before the problem and the research I've done, I think that it is a problem with the To Do List or Season Passes that it cannot fix. I would take the easy way out and re-image the disk, but there are several recordings that I really want to watch on it.

My hope is that if I can clear the To Do List and Season Passes (like in the menu option) it will recover, but so far I've been unable to do that. I have a good amount of Linux experience, so I tried to modify the rc.sysinit with the disk in my Linux PC to run ClearAndDelete.tcl (to set the ZapRequest to 2), but at boot time the Tivo just restores the file to its original state. I tried connecting a serial cable to run the command manually during boot, but I gather that I need to modify the boot prom to get a bash prompt, and I really don't want to risk rendering the whole unit inoperable. So, does anyone know how to clear the To Do List with the disk installed in a Linux PC? Any other ideas? Thanks.