Clear to Delete

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by MiniGhost, Jan 25, 2012.

1. MiniGhost

MiniGhost New Member

Nov 27, 2010
    I noticed with the update I got today, if I scroll through my shows, I used to be able to press clear while viewing the the now playing list and delete shows one at a time. Now I just get the bang noise. If I press select to view the show detail, I can press clear here to delete.

Is this the new normal? Pressing clear was my favorite way to free up space without having to view each recording's detail.

2. jpcamaro70

jpcamaro70 Member

Nov 23, 2011
    It's the same for me as of the 20.2. I like the clear button.

3. jdfs

jdfs Unspecial Member

Oct 21, 2002
    Clear works for me from the My Shows. Are you using SD menus? Maybe only the problem is there.

4. forum1

forum1 TiVo user since 2000

May 24, 2011
    I am using the HDUI with version 20.2 and the Clear button works for directly deleting entries in a list, both for local shows in the My Shows list as well as remote shows on an MRV list. However, I am certain that just a week or so ago I tried this with an MRV list and got the gong sound indicating the action was not allowed. I was on version 20.2 then (not sure if maybe a new minor release came down?), and the streaming MRV feature was enabled, as it is now. So I really don't know what changed, but something sure did.

5. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    Works fine for me

6. crxssi

crxssi Veteran TiVo User

Apr 5, 2010
    Works fine for me.
    Are you using some non-TiVo remote?
    Are you trying to delete programs that were recorded by the TiVo or transferred to it?

7. jpcamaro70

jpcamaro70 Member

Nov 23, 2011
    I'm using a Harmony, haven't tried on the tivo remote yet, but i guess that would be it, i'll have to reteach my harmony.

8. crxssi

crxssi Veteran TiVo User

Apr 5, 2010
    Someone in another thread said that if you press the TiVo button first, the Premiere might automatically know you are on a different remote and fix it. Sounds a bit strange to me... you might just need to reteach it.