Clear and delete everything on Mini

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by tommage1, Oct 1, 2017.

1. tommage1

tommage1 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Maybe silly question but I am getting rid of one of my Tivo Minis and want to "reset" it. Was going to run clear and delete everything but the screen says it will clear and delete all shows/lists etc. Does this mean it will clear and delete everything on the HOST Tivo, there are no shows etc on the Mini, no drive. I just basically want to reset the Mini. Maybe just do guided setup but that would keep some of my settings on the Mini, don't really want that since it's going to someone else.

2. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    CDE run on the Mini via the Mini's UI will only reset the Mini. At least that's how it's always worked for me.

The bad info in that warning dialog on Minis just seems like another bit of sloppiness in finalizing the HD UI for 20.7.2.

sender_name likes this.
  3. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    If you're paranoid/concerned, you could physically disconnect the Mini from the network before completing the 3 thumbs+enter confirmation code.

4. tommage1

tommage1 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Yeah, that's what I was going to do. You are right, maybe a bit paranoid, I've had some STRANGE things happen in the past and I have about 2TB of recordings on the host Roamio ;) You are right about the warning though, did not expect that, should not say that on a Mini when doing a CDE. Thanks.

sender_name likes this.
  5. sender_name

sender_name I remember XM 202!

Feb 11, 2005
    Northboro Ma
    NO UPDATE :)
    I am here because I bought a used mini and it still had all the plex/netflix etc logged in so I am just going to reset it and I too was like...waaaaait a minute here...will this wipe my bolt?

6. sender_name

sender_name I remember XM 202!

Feb 11, 2005
    Northboro Ma
    For those who find this and are wondering the Clear and Delete Everything on a Mini will not effect the shows on the Bolt they stream from :)

HerronScott likes this.