Cleaning House at the X-Factor

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by appleye1, Jan 31, 2012.

1. appleye1

appleye1 Active Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Back From...
    Steve Jones...gone!
    Nicole Scherzinger...gone!
    Paula Abdul...gone!

I knew Jones would get canned, and I hoped that Nicole would get dumped, but I am truly surprised that Paula is going. Maybe she asked for even more money for a second season. It will be interesting to find out what's behind her leaving.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/01/paula-abdul-wont-return-to-x-factor/

2. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    As pissed as Simon was for some of the petty eliminations that the girls did throughout season 1, it doesn't really surprise me all that much that Paula is gone.

3. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    My back yard
    It is amusing to me to watch Simon Cowell try and make his show top American Idol the biggest thing America has ever seen.
    Wonder how long he'll stay with it.
    Some viewers (me) were so turned off the show for various reasons that I doubt it will be given a second chance by many of us.
    I don't think he gets American audiences.

IMO we are way past singing competition overload and well into "I no longer care."

4. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    Steve and Nicole won't be missed. Paula probably not either.

5. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    Hooray!!! ;)

6. DavidTigerFan

DavidTigerFan No, not Detroit. TCF Club

Aug 18, 2001
    Charleston, SC
    I lost interest in it when they preempted it for several weeks because of baseball.

7. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    I lost interest because, well, it's not that interesting!

I know Steve Jones had a lot to do with it too. He's got to be one of the worst hosts ever.

8. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    They should've kept Paula, a little bit of crazy never hurts. Maybe bring back Cheryl Cole? I can hold on to hope anyway. :)

9. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    Ryan Seacrest has some free time :p

10. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    This sounds like a job for .... REGIS!
    :D

11. Generic

Generic Now in Dolby Digital

Dec 26, 2005
    SoCal
    I lost interest when the outdoor auditions sounded like studio recordings. That is a little too fake for me. There wasn't anything else compelling to keep me watching also.

12. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    I watched Season one, but only just barely. I won't watch Season 2. It won't really matter who they bring in to replace those judges or host or whatever.

13. brettatk

brettatk Thread Killer

Oct 11, 2002
    Powder...
    I'll watch Season 2 but I'm a glutton for punishment. I am glad they are replacing Steve Jones, he was terrible IMO. I wouldn't mind seeing Cheryl Cole come back as well.

14. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    Steve Jones sucked, as did Nicole.

Bring back Cheryl.

Or call Sue Sylvester :p

15. dimented

dimented Comfortably Numb TCF Club

May 21, 2003
    Somewhere...
    I hear this guy has some free time.

[​IMG]

16. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    I don't remember exactly, but wasn't Cheryl Cole replaced by Nicole because she just wasn't working out the way they had hoped or expected? Or was it some kind of scheduling thing?

If she was let go last season for a reason, I guess I can't see them brining her back now.

17. brettatk

brettatk Thread Killer

Oct 11, 2002
    Powder...
    Two of the main reasons were that producers were afraid that her accent would be too hard for US people to understand and that she lacked chemistry with Paula. I didn't find her accent bad at all and Paula is gone now, so who knows. Seriously, I doubt she'll return but I liked her much better the couple of times I saw her than I ever did Nicole.

18. Frylock

Frylock Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Just West...
    While I don't watch them, Idol did its best numbers ever. X-Factor still got 12 million viewers. And the Voice did really well. Like them or not, they are cheap and popular. Especially because they are pretty DVR-proof, so advertisers pay well for them.

19. BrettStah

BrettStah Well-Known Member TCF Club

Nov 12, 2000
    San Antonio
    They aren't really DVR-proof - even if you don't want to wait until a later date to watch it, you can still just start watching it about 15-20 minutes into a one hour show and finish up pretty close to live, while still avoiding the commercial breaks.

20. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    Idol is down something like 25% from last year, still a ratings beast though, but it's been on the decline since 2007.