Class Action LawSuit - Tivo should have known that I wanted that season pass

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by magnus, Jun 14, 2009.

1. magnus

magnus Tivo User

Nov 12, 2004
    Texas

Advertisements

I am very upset.... TIVO did not automatically know that I wanted to have a season pass for my favorite show. I think that the Tivo software should have read my mind and automatically set up the season pass for me.

What kind of crappy software it is that they have if it can't read people's minds???? Now, I'll have to set up my own season pass which is a PITA. It's soooooo hard to find my show in the search menu.

I'd like to sue Tivo for my pain and suffering.... is there anyone else that wants to join my class action lawsuit?

BTW, I still have not heard anything more from Tivo about the remotes that look like a bone. So, maybe you guys can join me for that lawsuit as well.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=422869

2. TimLa1

TimLa1 New Member

Oct 24, 2006
    Southlake, TX
    I'm in. Let me know how much it's going to cost to hire a high powered Dallas law firm. I really don't care how much, I'll take out a second mortgage so I can get a coupon for 3 months free Tivo service as settlement.

I'm also thinking of other ways I have been damaged by Tivo. I watch too much TV and have gained weight as a result- certainly Tivo is responsible for this as well. Tivo should have put a warning on the box as well as a warning pop-up each time you pause.:)

3. jilter

jilter Not.

Oct 4, 2002
    Personally I am more upset that Tivo could not figure out that I would like Weeds and start recording them years ago when the series started. After all, Tivo knows my viewing habits, ...now I have to catch up on 5 seasons worth. Count me in!

4. ggieseke

ggieseke Well-Known Member

May 30, 2008
    Count me in. My TiVos have taken over my life and now they're taking over my kitchen appliances. "Pop-up" ads were bad enough onscreen, but eating them for breakfast is causing severe and debilitating mental anguish. They could at least make a peanut remote that actually dispenses peanut butter.

THIS HAS GOT TO STOP!

Attached Files:

5. richsadams

richsadams Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2003

Advertisements

"My TiVo Gets Me"? Ha! What a crock! Where the heck were they when my Sony Betamax crapped out?! They should have been at the ready, but noooooo...I had to wait years for them to come to the rescue. Ha-rumph. TiVo could have, should have known my requirements. Count me in!

BTW, this guy has some pretty good references...

[​IMG]

6. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Add Netflix to the lawsuit. It should automatically send me movies and TV shows that I would like and just don't know it yet instead of the crappy movies that I thought I would like but didn't.

7. MichaelK

MichaelK Active Member

Jan 10, 2002
    NJ
    and why doesn't it know WHEN I want to watch TV. Isn't it supposed to be TV when i want it? Why do i need to turn the tv on and bother picking a show from the NPL? that is a way way bigger PITA.

I should just sit in my chair and it should turn the tv on and play the show i want!!!!

where do i sue?????

Sign me up!

8. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    More than that! I have like 1000 HOURS of recorded programming on my TiVos and home network.

I have to WATCH THE STUFF so I can delete it to make room for new programming! I have over 100 channels spewing new stuff 24 hours a day!

HOW AM I EVER SUPPOSED TO FIND THE TIME TO WATCH THAT!??? :mad:

I mean, that's TWENTY-FIVE 40 hour work weeks with no bathroom break! More than I do at work!

TiVo MUST come up with a way to do a direct download of that to my brain!

Class action joined!

9. magnus

magnus Tivo User

Nov 12, 2004
    Texas
    These are some great complaints. I think we will need to add them to the lawsuit. Keep them coming.... as I look for a firm to represent us in our quest to make Tivo pay for these injustices.

10. webin

webin New Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Hillsboro,...
    I'm really not supposed to say anything because I signed an NDA... but (and you didn't hear this from me), I would personally advise you to wait just a little bit longer. Tivo is currently working on developing predictive season passes that will record all episodes of a show you could potentially want to watch int he future. You would still need to enter a new season pass when you decide you want to watch a show, but after a brief connection to the Tivo server, you'll find that your tivo has ALREADY recorded every episode of the show that's aired in the last 5 years (they are looking to expand it to 10). These predictive season passes only record episodes during the late night hours (so they won't interrupt other recordings), and store them in an area of the hard drive currently being used for storage of spare pop-up ads.

Again, you didn't hear this from me.

11. magnus

magnus Tivo User

Nov 12, 2004
    Texas
    Wow, NDA!! How dare they? You better join this one fast.

Also, I hope they predict that I will need a bigger drive.... 10 years! I only want 1. I hope they predict what I want because I'll have to amend this suit, if that's the case.

Take care and thanks for posting.... stick it to the Tivo man.

12. johnf@home

johnf@home New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    San Jose, CA
    Heck, I'm going to start a class action suit against TiVo for subjecting me to all these stupid "class action suit" postings.

I know it's not really their fault, but they're the guys with the deep pockets, so that's who I'll name in the suit.

13. kingkong316

kingkong316 New Member

Jul 12, 2008
    You know. Tivo should refund me my money since the TWC installer can't install the CC correctly. Shouldn't they come preinstalled? And I would like roses in the box. It is so bland. And I cut my hand with my razor sharp knife when I opened the box. I am permanently disabled. I know a guy, who knows a guy, who is a 1st year law student who is looking for a project. Maybe he would help.

14. mec1991

mec1991 Cranky old coot

Nov 5, 2004
    Back home...
    And what about those folks who are actually awake and watching television at 2:30 am when their TiVos reboot to install an update?

Shouldn't they be entitled to reparations for their suffering and mental anguish? Oh, the humanity...

15. lew

lew Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2002
    It's not tivo's fault you don't have suggestions set to auto-record.:)

16. Berryman1979

Berryman1979 New Member

Mar 4, 2009
    I too would like in on the lawsuit. I was watching a tivo suggestion one day and had to stop for whatever reason. A week later the show was no longer on my tivo. Why can't they know which tivo suggestions I will watch and which can be safely removed. I have been wronged and deserve to be paid.

17. bobharp

bobharp Member

Jan 17, 2003
    I'm still disgusted and embarrassed about the first show that my original TiVo suggested I was was Baywatch. Count me in!

18. magnus

magnus Tivo User

Nov 12, 2004
    Texas
    Wholly crap, Batman!!! You have a point.

I would buy into that but it's still their fault that they did not turn suggestions back on for me for a show that they should have know that I would like. Come on, we should not let Tivo off the hook that easy!!!

19. WaldorfSalad

WaldorfSalad New Member

Nov 28, 2008
    I just went away for a weekend and forgot to record a show that my wife wanted to watch. Shouldn't my Tivo have known that I was going away for the weekend and shouldn't it have know that I forgot to record a show that my wife wanted to watch? I mean come on, how hard can it be? After all, we put a man on the moon in the sixties with less computing power than a Tivo.

20. oViTynoT

oViTynoT Obvious Forum Lurker

May 18, 2007
    Plano, TX
    I laughed so hard at these posts I almost threw up on my PC.

So, I'm going to do a REVERSE class lawsuit and sue ALL OF YOU!