cjm_003, turn on your PM's

Discussion in 'TiVo Upgrade Center' started by StanSimmons, Sep 6, 2011.

1. StanSimmons

StanSimmons Senior Moment Member

Jun 10, 2000
    Flower...
    I can't respond to your PM until you do.

2. Jordanryan

Jordanryan New Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Hi Stan I tried to contact you but i am not able to to, and the thread was closed please help me, sorry again for doing this in the wrong thread. Hi Stan I need a tcd648250B tbk

3. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    This should be 11.0k

and is intended for use with WinMFS

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49887720/648250b.tbk

If you're going to put it on a drive larger than 250GB, let it finish the restore process and when it offers to expand tell it no.

Then check the drive with

mfsinfo

to see if everything looks okay.

Then expand with

mfsadd

Anyone wanting to do the job with the MFS Live cd v1.4, use this image instead

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49887720/648250b.bak

Don't use the

-zx

switches, and do the expanding separately with

mfsadd

4. Jordanryan

Jordanryan New Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Hi thanks Unitron for the help, I tried tbk file you put up, in Winmfs, but i get an error message of Error writing Media Inode 1, It is hard to even find a 250 gb drive anymore, so the new one is a 2 tb Western digital. Thanks so much for your help i really appreciate it.

5. jmbach

jmbach der Neuerer

Jan 1, 2009
    Are you running WinMFS as an administrator?

6. Jordanryan

Jordanryan New Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Hi jmbach yes i am running windows 7 and i open Winmfs as an administrator, thanks, trying all suggestions, i am sure it is something simple i have missed.

7. Jordanryan

Jordanryan New Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Hi I tried again with the bak file in winmfs, with the hard drive unformated, and it installe the bak file, but it said it can't do it to 2 tb, so i used the mfsadd and it seemed to look great i put back in the tivo, but it never gets past the welcome screen. thanks for the help guys.

8. jmbach

jmbach der Neuerer

Jan 1, 2009
    Try it again but don't expand. Try it with just the image on the drive. Once it works, then expand.
    Check the drive with WD diagnostic first make sure everything is OK before you write the image to the drive.

9. Jordanryan

Jordanryan New Member

Feb 27, 2014
    I wanted to update everyone, neither Western digital 2 tb drives worked, so i emptied a 320 gb drive and that did work, so i have tivo again, thanks Unitron for the Bak files, and all the help, and thanks jmbach for your suggestions, have a great day, you guys are great.