Chuck vs. the fear of death OAD: 11-15-2010

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by terpfan1980, Nov 15, 2010.

1. terpfan1980

terpfan1980 It's Just TV TCF Club

Jan 28, 2002
    Xbox Live:...

Advertisements

Some potential flashing, but not the full-on flash. It sets up the rest of the season pretty well though. :up:

2. Joe C5

Joe C5 New Member

Feb 22, 2007
    I almost didn't recognize Summer Glau... Sad that she did not have any more screen time :).

3. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    Summer Glau looked really good.

Really enjoying the "losing the powers" storyline. Chuck needs some non-intersect spy cred to gain Sarah's (and everyone else's) respect.

4. dilbert27

dilbert27 New Member

Dec 1, 2006
    Am I the only one that kept thinking when the guy kept telling Chuck that Sarah was the rock on the intersect that no Chuck is just having huge mommy issues right now and thats his rock!

5. ronsch

ronsch Active Member

Sep 7, 2001
    Tallahassee,...

Advertisements

I'm guessing that they will resolve this plot line next episode. Probably just in time for Chuck to escape something bad or maybe even to save Sarah.

6. LoadStar

LoadStar I voted! Did you?

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    Given that the original order for the season was for 13 episodes, I'd imagine we will have another mid-season conclusion of most of the plot lines, before starting another arc for the last 11 episodes.

And I would be remiss in not pointing out how good Summer Glau looked tonight. :)

7. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    I almost cheered when Summer Glau and Adam Baldwin were on-screen together!

8. Peter000

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    :up: That never occurred to me. :) Awesome.

9. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    Summer so hot!

She looked good, I wish they kept her but I know she has a new series coming out soon.

I am thinking fear for his own death won't be enough for Chuck. It will be like last season when the first person he "kills" is when he shot Shaw to save Sarah. Sarah will find herself in a near death situation, and this will remove the block for Chuck and he will save her. She's not his rock, she's his lever.

10. Peter000

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    I think he'll save Sarah at some point WITHOUT the intersect. Proving he can be a good asset with or without flashing.

11. daveak

daveak Series 3 Novice

Mar 23, 2009
    I was waiting for her to do her Firefly crazy on Jeffster and then have Baldwin come in with his huge weapon (didn't he have a name for it?) from Firefly. The anticipation when she pulled out the knife was great. I would have just loved to see her as part of a team that included a few Firefly persons - and have her mention how great it was when Casey was a part of the team when they had to fight together against the Alliance during the cold war.

Overall it was a good episode. Lots of setting up - at least in my mind. Now what about the device in the Mustang from a couple of weeks ago? Will that reset the intersect? And I still do not think Chuck's mom did what she did to harm Chuck - even though it has effected the intersect. There was a clear purpose to her action, it is just not clear to us yet.

12. daveak

daveak Series 3 Novice

Mar 23, 2009
    Global warming we can all appreciate.

13. daveak

daveak Series 3 Novice

Mar 23, 2009
    +1

14. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    They've already started him down that road, when he solved the diamond mystery without the intersect (and seemed to genuinely surprise and impress Rye in the process).

15. dilbert27

dilbert27 New Member

Dec 1, 2006
  16. dilbert27

dilbert27 New Member

Dec 1, 2006
    [​IMG]

17. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    I agree with you here. I bet she really is on Chuck's side and the PSP message is some sort of upgrade to the intersect. Something that dad had built but he wasn't sure would actually work or he thought was too dangerous to try. Now Chuck needs to learn how to use the upgrade and be an actual spy to use it or something like that. Then the intersect will start working again in its improved state.

I think mom was feeling she was being seriously compromised by what has happened and she needed to do something drastic in order to get back in as a spy with the Bad Guys.

18. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    Looks loike Megan Fox is going to win(who I voted for). Not that I cared for any of the other choices. Britney Spears? Kathy griffin? I would rather see more Scifi chicks like Grace Park or Olivia Wilde (now that she is in Tron).

19. Joe C5

Joe C5 New Member

Feb 22, 2007
    Oh - and it was a LOL moment when Summer Glau growled leaving the room (just like Adam Baldwin). What a pair those two would have made (on a mission).

20. daveak

daveak Series 3 Novice

Mar 23, 2009
    Yeah, I loved them together in Firefly and Serenity. :D;)