Chuck vs the Bullet Train oad 1/20/12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by betts4, Jan 21, 2012.

1. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I enjoyed this episode more than any others this season. Loved Lester and Jeff saving the day and that whole scene. Then the tension with Sarah and being tortured by intersect flashes. All kinds of little stuff. Casey gripping the phone as he had to deal with Lester and Jeff. He looked like he was going to crush it, but knew he couldn't. I hope the finale is as good as this was.

2. vikingguy

vikingguy New Member

Aug 11, 2005
    I did not like it at all. Only reason I am watching is to see the end. Soon as they got away from buy more stuff the show went downhilk fast. The intersect in Sara bad bad bad. Show used to be great.

3. RandomTask

RandomTask New Member

Jun 30, 2011
    That was such a great contribution to the thread.

4. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    My only problem was the "blood mobile" just sitting in the Buy More parking lot and them just running around with guns and flame throwers. That would cause a LOT of attention. Just park the thing in the back!

5. verdugan

verdugan Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    Mine was the fact that Quinn was able to crawl back into the train. :rolleyes:

6. LooseWiring

LooseWiring Active Member

Jan 6, 2003
    Miami, FL
    I loved the episode until the last 10 minutes or so.

But that was because I thought that it was the series finale and it was going to end on a cliffhanger. All the way up to the Next on Chuck... at the end.

Can't wait until they tie everything up at the end.

7. mrdazzo7

mrdazzo7 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Definitely the best episode in a while. The writing has been a mess this season but this episode was pretty solid--good story, interesting developments, movement on the overarching plot, etc. I like the fact that it involved the backup players more, like Alex being used as leverage, Ellie working on the intersect, etc. The Jeff and Lester stuff, for a change, was actually pretty funny.

I liked the intersect stuff too--it put some legitimate stakes into the episode. Sarah having to control her flashes but then being tied to a chair and forced to do it over and over again was pretty twisted and while I normally hate memory wipe story lines, this one should be ok since it can only possibly last for one episode. I have a feeling the finale will involve Ellie working on a way to retrieve her memories so that we don't have to deal with them starting from scratch.

Hopefully the finale is good... I think they've built up enough stuff to have it be a satisfying conclusion and the fact that they went into it knowing it was the end means it should be wrapped up (whereas if it wasn't renewed it would have ended with a big question mark). I'll definitely miss the show but glad it's getting a legitimate ending.

8. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Spoken like somebody who doesn't remember the first Miami Vice series finale! :D

9. terpfan1980

terpfan1980 It's Just TV TCF Club

Jan 28, 2002
    Xbox Live:...
    I finally caught up with the season (and this episode) a day or two ago. I've had mixed feelings about the last few episodes, mostly because I know this is the end of the series :(

This episode was pretty good, and I really enjoyed the Chuck vs. Bo episode before it. Some of the others for this season not so much, though I did enjoy seeing the return of Brandon Routh a few episodes back.

It appears that we're down to 2 episodes, a 2 hour finale on the 27th?

10. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    Two separate 1 hour episodes.

11. terpfan1980

terpfan1980 It's Just TV TCF Club

Jan 28, 2002
    Xbox Live:...
    Understood (and sorry for making the post above confusing here). Mostly just confirming that it appears we'll get 2 hours worth of Chuck this coming (at the time I'm writing this) Friday, January 27, 2012, and that will end the series.

I wish that we'd be getting more, or at least I think I am still wishing that, but I'm still thankful for what we have gotten, despite some hits and misses along the way. It's still been a fun show to watch (most of the time) and I'll still miss it when it's gone.

On the plus side, once it is done, I'll have very, very little reason to bother tuning into anything on NBC :eek:

12. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I think it's pretty cool that Jeff and Lester are finally getting involved with the spy stuff.

At least he contributed, which you didn't.

13. RandomTask

RandomTask New Member

Jun 30, 2011
    I believe the correct response to that is:

Oooohhh burn.....

I normally contribute when I have something to say. I wasn't really impressed this week. Good but not great.

14. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    I don't have much to say about this episode, or frankly any of the episodes from this season. They've all been pretty good, but nothing really to talk about. Overall, though, I do like that they've kept Chuck intersect-free. They've really been able to show that he's a very good spy without the Intersect, so much more than the bumbling "stay in the car, Chuck" he started out as way back when.

I sort of wish they would have gradually said goodbye to the supporting cast (Jeff, Lester, Big Mike, Alex) so they could have left the last episodes to focus on the core cast that started things all off, but I'll guess that they have a plan for them in the last two episodes.

It also would've been a nice nod to the past to invite Julia Ling back to cameo one last time as Anna Wu. I know her story ended a while ago when Morgan was totally over her, but it still would've been nice continuity to have her back one last time, the same way they managed to figure out a way to have a cameo by the (now dead) CIA Director Graham (Tony Todd).

I still would love to have them write a conclusion to why the bad guys dragged Bryce Larkin away during the season 2 finale. I'm still not quite convinced he's dead yet.... why else would they take the time to drag his body away in the middle of a fight scene? :)

15. mrdazzo7

mrdazzo7 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Oh my other point about the episode was the unbridled irony in the fact that when Morgan was trying to get Chuck to eat something, the camera started out on the plate of food then pushed in on Chuck--there was a generic sub on the plate.

After all the ridiculous, out-of-place Subway commercials over the years, they actually have a chance to use it in a completely legitimate context, and instead they just... don't. It makes it worse that they actually used a different sub, when they could have used any food on earth.

HAHAHAHA. I thought that was hilarious.

16. verdugan

verdugan Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    Not really. I don't think Subway wants their product to be turned down. Now, if Chuck had eaten the sandwich, then it would've been hilarious.

17. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    "Oh, Chuck, you HAVE to eat. Look, I have this delicious Subway Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki, a flavorful blend of tender teriyaki glazed chicken strips and their own fat-free sweet onion sauce. Served hot & toasted on freshly baked bread. A taste so big, you won’t believe it has less than 6g of fat!"

"Gee, Morgan, I'm so depressed, not even a delicious Subway sandwich can whet my appetite. That's just how bad I feel!"

:D

18. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    I think this was the first time Casey called Sarah "Sarah" instead of "Walker"...very sweet :eek:

I love Casey-:eek:;) I hope Adam Baldwin gets another (forgive me) awesome role like this soon! :D:p

19. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    What I loved most about this episode was that EVERYONE of the major cast worked together on a spy case. I thought that was really cool. And I loved them all pulling guns out of Casey's Crown Vic. Don't take the big ones...and of course they did!!

It will be sad to see Chuck go after next week, but really, they've kind of run out of ideas, so it's time. I hope Yvonne finds another gig soon!!

20. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I was waiting for Big Mike to come looking for them in the parking lot. I mean, all that was needed was to have Lester tell him what was happening and that they were all spies now and have Big Mike grab a gun!