Chuck Versus the Truth OAD:11-12-2007 *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by terpfan1980, Nov 12, 2007.

1. terpfan1980

terpfan1980 It's Just TV TCF Club

Jan 28, 2002
    Xbox Live:...

Advertisements

Marshall Flinkman sighting!

And mind cheating. Bleh. I do that all the time :p :D

2. dswallow

dswallow Save the Moderatоr TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    It is funny how every time the idea of sex with Sarah comes up, Chuck manages to make a Grand Theft Auto reference.

The beginning of this episode had a very contrived line with Chuck yelling out his sister's full name after she'd gotten into the ambulance, talking about how she saved the guys life... all to let the bad guy have a name to hunt down.

3. WinBear

WinBear Konner Kringle

Aug 24, 2000
    Carrollton,...
    Yeah, calling his sister's full name was kind of obvious. I also knew Sarah had trained to resist pentathol before she told Casey.

Does this mean we're done with Tang?

Who was the nuclear dude who was poisoned at the beginning? I thought at first it was Scott Lowell (Ted from Queer as Folk), but decided it wasn't him. He wasn't in the opening credits.

4. terpfan1980

terpfan1980 It's Just TV TCF Club

Jan 28, 2002
    Xbox Live:...
    I hope not. He's too much fun to despise.

And besides, Big Mike wants him some Mrs. Tang. :p :D

5. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI

Advertisements

I can't believe this will be the end of Harry Tang. If they get Sarah and Chuck together for real I hope it doesn't kill the show like that kind of thing has done to other shows.

6. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Wouldn't that be "some Mrs. Tang 'tang"? :D

I just noticed in this episode that Chuck has in his bedroom the same karaoke machine that I do! :)

7. jradford

jradford The Jerkstore called

Dec 28, 2004
    I've really warmed up to this show. Some of the stuff is annoying, (Yelling the sister's name, and Chuck's inability to keep his spy stuff on the DL -"THAT'S A BAD GUY!" so the the bad guy can over hear him,) and Morgan is about 80% annoying, but the characters are pretty endearing. I find myself looking forward to it quite a bit each week.

8. kleinman

kleinman On the Battlements

Oct 6, 2003
    Somewhere,...
    The show is good fun, you just can't think about it too much.

Kind of like keeping the bad guy's bug in a 'sound proof box' this episode. Like the bad guy wouldn't notice the bug going completely silent for hours on end, coming back to life for 15 seconds and broadcasting exactly what he'd been waiting for, then going dead again... :rolleyes:

9. MasterCephus

MasterCephus New Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Hueytown,...
    For some reason, I really like this show. It's fun and I really want Chuck and Sarah to get together, but I do know that the moment they share their feelings, the show is over...which stinks.

10. jwjody

jwjody Not enough room

Dec 7, 2002
    Center of...
    Yeah, I'm hoping that by introducing Bilson into the show that lets Chuck have the g/f but keeps the Sarah stuff in the background so it's not ruined.

J

11. dswallow

dswallow Save the Moderatоr TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    She's becoming a new regular?

Yech. That's gonna ruin it. She's always so smarmy.

12. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    I love the show but there are moments that I just bang my hand on my forehead. The whole pause before Sarah answered Chuck at the end and the shouting his sisters name out.

Chuck is so cool sometimes and so poorly written other times. It seems like there are two shifts of writers. You know, the shift that comes on at 3pm and works with donuts and pizza and laughter and then the shift that comes in at 7am and is grumpy and doesnt' care what happens.

I hope Lou and Chuck get a few moments. They were cute together.

13. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    C'mon, Chuck! What kind of guy are you? Just because she said "No." doesn't mean she meant it. Stalk her. Stay on her until the restraining order comes.

Chuck and Lou remind me of Manute Bol and Muggsy Bogues.

This ep's bad guy - I recognize him from Alias but don't remember his real name - is his head too big for his body or is body too small for his head?

14. laststarfighter

laststarfighter New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Sacramento, CA
    The beginning of the series was kinda rough for me but I stuck with it. These last few episodes have made me glad of my decision. The show is weakest when they do their lame spy stuff which is on the same sophistication level as "Spy Kids" but strongest on the human relationship storylines.

Can't wait for next week to see Sarah handle the "breakup."

15. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    I have a sneaking suspicion that Lou is going to end up being a bad-guy spook and Chuck is her assignment.

16. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I hate Chuck's sister's boyfriend. Can't remember either of their names.

17. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    The boyfriend is usually referred to as "Awesome," I believe. They said his actual name in this episode, but I don't remember what they said either.

18. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Devon, I think.

19. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    One good thing about this episode is that it shows why Elle is with Awesome.
    Up until then I couldn't understand why she'd stay with him as he was a vain doofus.

But the truth is, he really does care about Elle. The way he stayed at her side and brought her lucky sweater redeemed him quite a bit in my book.

20. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    Ellie and Devon.

If I was named Devon, I'd prefer "Captain Awesome" for a nickname, too.

Please, please, PLEASE don't make Summer Roberts a femme fatale.