Chuck: Pilot Episode Leaked

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by FilmCritic3000, Jul 23, 2007.

1. FilmCritic3000

FilmCritic3000 Active Member

Oct 28, 2004
    Anchorage,...
    (From my understanding, the audio in the beginning is out of sync.)

[​IMG]

2. atrac

atrac New Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Los Angeles
    The pilot is very promising. It reminds me of "The 40 Year-Old Virgin" meets "Mission Impossible." ;)

3. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    What's with all these "leaked" pilot episodes all of a sudden?

4. Sirius Black

Sirius Black Grey Warden Reject

Dec 26, 2001
    A City by...
    Linkage?

Does Chuck speak English after he downloads the repository of Ancient knowledge or are we going to have to call in Daniel Jackson to interpret? Oh wait..., wrong show.

5. Vendikarr

Vendikarr New Member

Feb 24, 2004
    This has been happening the last couple of years after the TCA meetings end.

Enjoy!!!

6. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    Some think it's piratage. Some think it's done by the networks to generate buzz.

I think the networks are trying to get the viewing public to view scripted programs on the internet to leave lots of space in their broadcast schedule to air reality/unscripted dribble. :D

The only program I watched via internet was 'Jericho' after it was "uncancelled" since I had deleted it unwatched when they cancelled it.

I wouldn't be too surprised if the networks get the idea that if it's viable to put things on the web and people will watch that they may even have an itchier trigger finger (if that's possible???) on pulling low-rated shows and burning them off that way.

7. RobertE

RobertE Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Cleveland, OH
    Gives them a head start on the cancellations. :mad:

8. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    I was pleasantly surprised by this show. It caught me completely off guard. I liked it a lot.

9. MitchO

MitchO Blasphemer: Uses DVR

Nov 7, 2003
    Lyndhurst NJ
    They list Adam Baldwin as from My Bodyguard, not Firefly? What's THAT all about~

10. pcguru83

pcguru83 RIP Misty

Jan 18, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Downloading now. The previews of this show caught my attention. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised.

11. nrrhgreg

nrrhgreg Member

Aug 30, 2003
    Watching it now, had no idea Giftshop Girl from Scrubs was in it, that'll make it worth watching ;)

12. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    I was thinking about that and it may not be so far from the truth. Consider it a broader spectrum focus group. They may have short orders for some of these shows and if the get bad word of mouth they don't have to spend more money on episodes to get going before the show actually airs. If it does well, they can move from there, if not they can cut it off.

I definitely think this could even further shorten shows potential life-cycle which is a bad thing.

13. nrrhgreg

nrrhgreg Member

Aug 30, 2003
    Just finished it and I really liked it. Adam Baldwin is always good, the CIA agent is smoking and it just had a good vibe. I'm glad NBC moved it to Mondays, if only so I can still watch House and record Reaper, which is very similar. Don't know if it'll last but I'll be watching for sure.

14. FilmCritic3000

Oct 28, 2004
    Anchorage,...
    I've yet to watch it, save from the first few minutes of the opening. Does the audio get back in sync later in the episode?

15. nrrhgreg

nrrhgreg Member

Aug 30, 2003
    Yeah, about 4 minutes in it's good to go.

16. boywaja

boywaja Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2001
    Northern...
    Zachary Levi is 27. Sounds more like Jake 2.0 with secret knowledge instead of increased physical skills.

17. pcguru83

pcguru83 RIP Misty

Jan 18, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    I'm wasn't extremely impressed with this show either. From the previews NBC had been running, I really thought this would be one I'd like too. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I'll still watch come this Fall, but it just seemed off to me.

One of the things that really irked me is how all the techno-babble was astouningly unbelievable. Most shows at least make an attempt to have the dialogue be based in a bit of reality, but they didn't even try. Not to mention, the entire premise of the show is pretty far fetched too.

Meh, the more I think about it... Maybe I won't be watching come this Fall after all. :cool:

18. FilmCritic3000

Oct 28, 2004
    Anchorage,...
    :up: :up: :up:

Agreed. I'll be setting a Season Pass for this for sure.

19. lodica1967

lodica1967 Member

Aug 5, 2003
    Hawaiian...
    I watched this last night and thought it was pretty good. I love the leaked episodes, it let's me decide early what I want to Tivo!

20. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    If only TiVo could get guide data for the upcoming series loaded so we could actually create season passes this early.