Chuck: "Chuck vs. the Hack Off" OAD 12/09/2011

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Win Joy Jr, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Dec 9, 2011 #1 of 13
    Win Joy Jr

Win Joy Jr Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Eastern...
    Enjoying the arc being developed. Surprised about Decker being eliminated at this point in the season. More allusions to plans in work and under way. More character development for Sarah, who has doubts on what she could do other than the "spy life". Chuck showing he is a bonafide spy without the intersect.

Pop culture shout-outs continue with another Star Wars reference about the prisoner exchange... And cameos continue...

It really feels like the roadmap for the final system is really well defined, and we are along for the ride. And nothing can be taken for granted, like expecting Decker to be the antagonist for the entire season. They REALLY need to get in touch with General Beckman.

"B" story regarding Lester was "blah". But still loving a non carbon monixide afflicted Jeff.

Oh, and the preview for next week:
    Is that really Shaw, or just a flashback?
    FANTASTIC!

2. Dec 9, 2011 #2 of 13
    Fleegle

Fleegle Chef-In-Training

Jan 15, 2002
    I am REALLY hoping the Blu-Ray set includes an uncensored version of this episode. Yowza!

3. Dec 9, 2011 #3 of 13
    LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    Ok, since I don't watch the show - just how much of the cast of Community was on this episode? I'm thinking quite a lot. (edit: guess it was just two, from what I can tell.)

I wasn't as surprised that they eliminated Decker as to how gruesomely they eliminated him. They done blown him to pieces. (Of course, realism would say that if Chuck and co. were that close to an explosion that did that to Decker, they'd be in pieces as well... but this show has about as much in common with reality as Glee does. :))

4. Dec 9, 2011 #4 of 13
    Fleegle

Fleegle Chef-In-Training

Jan 15, 2002
    I only caught 2. Community cast members. Day I Purity was the replacement cement for Lester and the woman that plays Shirley was the green-shirt who went to chase after him.

5. Dec 9, 2011 #5 of 13
    cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Damn you, autocorrect?

6. Dec 9, 2011 #6 of 13
    Fleegle

Fleegle Chef-In-Training

Jan 15, 2002
    Sigh... yep.

I'm using Forum Runner on my phone, and I have some vision issues going on at the moment.

*Danny Pudi

7. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    That's what I thought at first, but after the explosion there are two intact bodies on the ground. It's possible that they both were bodyguards, but during that whole scene you don't ever see more than the one bodyguard to Decker's left.

It's possible the second body on the ground is Decker.

8. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    Yeah, looks like you're right. Of course, that explosion SHOULD have turned Decker into shrapnel, and probably Chuck and co. as well.

9. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Then again, they never give you an angle in that scene that definitively says that there isn't a second bodyguard to Decker's right. Also, in the first scene with Decker at the beginning of the episode, I think he had two bodyguards.

So it's also possible that the two bodies are bodyguards and Decker is that large black stain on the floor between them. :D

10. trainman

trainman Nice to see you

Jan 29, 2001
    Sherman...
    I'm 99.9% certain everyone involved was wearing various flesh-colored items for the filming, so it wouldn't look as good as it does in your head, unfortunately.

11. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Bedford, TX
    I thought the Matrix type screen on the computer was a nice touch.

12. wprager

wprager Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    "Imagine David Beckham. Lester is a shorter, feminine version of his wife" -- that one had both of us in stitches.

"Radzinski" from Lost sitting in front of a geodesic dome.

Verbanski grunting just like Casey.

Of course the Matrix-like screen.

Great episode.

13. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    LOVED that! Casey's growl is sex-aayyyy! :D:p I hope those crazy kids get together....;)