Chuck casting announced (possible spoiler)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by JYoung, Jan 18, 2009.

1. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles

Advertisements

So we know that Chuck has vowed to track down his father.
    So....

it seems that they have cast Scott Bakula as the senior Bartowski.
    http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2009/01/chuck-gets-a-da.html
    (Note there are additional Chuck and The Office potential spoilers at that link)

From befuddled time traveler, to space traveler, to deadbeat dad?

2. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...
    Bad casting.

3. WinBear

WinBear Konner Kringle

Aug 24, 2000
    Carrollton,...
    they just need to get Captain Archer and Captain Sheridan to trade war stories before Ellie's wedding.

4. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    I dunno.. I think this might work out.

5. Bettamojo5

Bettamojo5 Rolling Along

Apr 12, 2004
    New...

Advertisements

I disagree! I really liked Scott Bakula in Quantum Leap. Granted Enterprise was different, but I still liked him. Seeing how he will only be in 2 or 3 episodes of Chuck, my money says it will be a great addition to the story.:up:

6. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    Have to agree here. I don't know what I was expecting for Chuck and Ellie's father, but I know it wasn't this. I like SB and all, but his mannerisms are just off for the father of those two kids. The fact that their love for QL lead them to this decision rather than trying to cast the "character" also concerns me. But I am willing to be pleasantly surprised.

7. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    His mannerisms?? Do you mean his ACTING abilities which obviously made you believe that he WAS the character he was simply PORTRAYING?

I haven't seen Bakula in Enterprise, but I was a big fan of his acting abilities in Quantum Leap. In that series he had to portray his character portraying a different character in every episode. I was impressed with the flexibility of his mannerisms.

8. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    Every actor has ticks and facial expressions that carry over from character to character. I notice that. It's rare for me to seperate the character from the actor. When the actor manages to portray a character where all I see is the character, kudos to him/her.

Scott Bakula was Sam Beckett was Captain Archer. I like him, but yeah, I am thinking I will see him as Scott Bakula and not as the character. I just don't see someone like those characters being a father to Chuck and Elle. I may not be explaining myself very well, and I apologize. But like I said, I am willing to be surprised, I just don't think it was a good casting call.

9. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    So who would you like? Tom Cavenaugh? He's turning into Everydad:

[​IMG]