Chopped up recording

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by SubMan337, Aug 5, 2007.

1. SubMan337

SubMan337 New Member

May 30, 2004
    Sunny FLA!
    I attempted to record a one hour program a couple of nights ago. HR10, stock unit running 6.3D.
    The first 1 minute 57 seconds recorded OK and then stopped. And the last 47 minutes of the program also recorded OK - as a second program. So what happened to the middle 10 or 11 minutes?
    It was the middle of the night (2am) when recorded so maybe weather knocked out the signal for a few minutes - BUT - the end of the short section and the beginning of the long section don't contain any indications of rain fade, etc. They just stopped and started.
    Usually if I get rain fade you can see it break up and get a message and typically it will record right through the fade if it's short duration.
    The unit is only about 60% full - program I was attempting to record was SD.
    Any thoughts or is this just a glitch? Oh, BTW this unit is on a UPS and will ride through about 45 minutes of power outage.
    Thanks for any thoughts!

PS I changed the software level to 6.3d - it was listed as 6.3b, which is incorrect.

2. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    Sounds like a spontaneous reboot.

Mine hasn't (knock on wood) experienced one for a while, but I used to get them quite often.
    Only a couple times during a recording, and the result would be the split recording with 7-10 minutes missing.

phox

3. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Definitely a reboot, either on its own or possibly a power glitch.

4. SubMan337

SubMan337 New Member

May 30, 2004
    Sunny FLA!

Hmm - as I said, it's on a UPS system and can run on it's own for about 45 minutes. . . it will just ride thru a glitch! And a reboot usually takes longer then the missing portion of the recording - about 8 min was missing. Thanks for the reply, however.