Childrens Hospital - Anyone else watch this show??

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Hoffer, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I only learned about this show a couple months ago. Rob Corddry is like the creator of the show. He was on this geek show on Howard Stern's Sirius channel. I had never heard of it before hearing him on this show. He was promoting the first 2 seasons on DVD and the 3rd season starting soon.

The show is on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim and only runs 15 minutes. I'm sure many people would find it to be offensive, but I love this show. I'm just curious if anyone else around here watches the show.

Little bit of trivia. Parts of the show are filmed at the same hospital Scrubs was filmed at. I noticed it immediately from the outside shot of the entrance. I did a google search on this and learned that this hospital was actually demolished this summer.

2. NatasNJ

NatasNJ Bone marrow lover!

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly
    One of best shows on TV. I think the first two seasons are better than the current one but each episode tends to have 2-3 great laughs. Love it.

3. SoBelle0

SoBelle0 Go Big Blue!! TCF Club

Jun 25, 2002
    Decatur, GA
    Love it! I'm so not their target audience... There are bits that make me groan, but mostly it's hilarious. :) I am cracking up thinking of some of the bits - like the intro to the 70s episode. HA!! Disco. Afro. Rubik's Cube. "Eeeeeey!" :D

4. robbhimself

robbhimself Member

Sep 13, 2006
    i'm also a fan, didn't really like the stage show episode, but they redeemed themselves with night shift ;)

and more random trivia, the hospital is supposed to be located in brazil, sometimes they show the cast using other names in the credits, and michael cera does the intercom voice

5. Hoffer

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    Henry Winkler was on another show on Howard Stern's Sirius channel last week. They talked about this show. He said that when they give him lines, he just goes with it. That he reads over the lines and just scratches his head why he'd say something like that. He doesn't bother asking and just says them. :)

6. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I noticed it was the same hospital as Scrubs immediately. The hallway where they film a lot of the scenes is laid out exactly the same as it was on Scrubs with the Nurses station to our right and the rooms on the left.

Anyway, I just started getting into this during this summer after reading a review of what to watch this summer and they recommended it. It's so wrong but it's funny. It's like a Scrubs / ER parody.

7. SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    I LOVE CH, it's one of the funniest things on TV right now.

8. Hoffer

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    Has anyone been watching NTSF:SD:SUV:: after Childrens Hospital? I don't know what to think of this new show. I'm really leaning towards it being awful

9. SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    I am. I'm not leaning any direction on it yet, I think of it as odd, not quite catching the flavor of it. Though if I were still smoking weed, I'm sure it'd be hilarious.

10. calitivo

calitivo Active Member

Dec 5, 2002
    Loved the first two season's of Childrens', but struggling to watch it this year as it just isn't very funny anymore. Last two episodes have showed some improvement.

NTSF:SD:SVU has some good elements to it, but is hit and miss. Paul Scheer and his wig are the best part of the show. I hate the chief and think she just isn't able to do comedy. Also surprised that Martin Starr and June Diane Raphael aren't better in this since I have liked them in other stuff.

11. Hoffer

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    Rob Corddry was on Howard Stern today. He mentioned the show is coming back in July!! :)

12. whitson77

whitson77 Active Member

Nov 10, 2002
    The episode where they were ghost hunting and the guy (Greg?) was revealing that he was molested by his uncle was so awesome.

13. lambertman

lambertman Incrediburgible

Dec 20, 2002
    Indianapolis...
    S4 was pretty weak, but I'll be back for S5. It's 12 minutes a week :)

14. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Got bored with it after awhile and cut the show loose. Same thing pretty much every week to the point it got dumb.