Chicago Fire "Always" S3:E01 OAD 09/23/14 ***spoilers***

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MikeAndrews, Sep 30, 2014.

1. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...

Advertisements

Now I can comment because I'm completely caught up.

The "who dies?" tipoff was "and Lauren German." in the opening credits, although the writers probably had to cuff themselves to not leave the Dawson/Casey proposal unrequited.

It's amusing that Mouch is dating the Chicago PD Amazon Sergeant who told Severide "I would break you." (I have not caught up on Chicago PD)

Prediction, since every Chicago Fire plot goes the same way: Dawson (and how is that a Dominican name?) goes to Truck 61 suffers badly and Casey has conniptions wanting to go fight for her.

Dramas and long plaintive looks ensue until DUNN DUNN DUUNNNNN the fateful day BRAAAAAPPPPPP! Truck 61 is on a fire call and Dawson herself single-handedly rescues Lt. Welch. "Then all the fire gear loved her as they shouted out with glee.."

2. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    I was a little surprised they didn't have something happen to Casey that would take him off of active duty for a while, so they would no longer have the "Dawson can't/won't be 51's new candidate because of her relationship with Chase" excuse.

3. Oct 1, 2014 #3 of 15
    MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Remind me. What happened to Clark? Am I thinking he got arrested for something, even though the didn't have a hand in the punk disappearing?

What did I miss about Mills being a preacher? He officiated at Boden's wedding. Is there nothing he can't do? "I'm a trained EMT." Does he have a Universal Life Church ordination?

4. Oct 1, 2014 #4 of 15
    ncsercs

ncsercs DirecTivo fan.......

May 5, 2001
    Hinsdale, IL
    I stopped watching. It's become the Dawson show. She's in half the scenes.

5. Oct 1, 2014 #5 of 15
    MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...

Advertisements

Maybe because NBC is promoting how many tough women character shows they have.

That cop from Chicago PD that Severide just dissed has a cool, quiet, little girl voice.

6. Oct 1, 2014 #6 of 15
    ncsercs

ncsercs DirecTivo fan.......

May 5, 2001
    Hinsdale, IL
    Just wanted to see more of the main cast. Not a shill for one character.

7. Oct 1, 2014 #7 of 15
    MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
  8. Oct 1, 2014 #8 of 15
    Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    wait a minute.

first i will admit that I watch Chicago Fire in the background while doing other things...

but i spent the episode wondering so what happened to Shay? i didn't get that she was dead. d'oh! really? she's dead? if she's dead why did the other fire guy say "how's your friend doing?" when he was trying to pick a fight?

i dunno. I was guessing she was in a vegetative coma or something.

9. Oct 2, 2014 #9 of 15
    MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    She gone. Shay gone.

It's more clear in the next episode, but I knew someone was gonna be dead by the hype for the first show of the season.

10. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Wasn't there a scene where somebody saw her name on the "wall of honor" (or whatever the term is for the firefighters/EMTs killed in the line of duty)?

And what is with it with shows not coming right out and saying that characters are dead? On The Simpsons, they still haven't had anyone actually say that Mrs. Krabappel died; they just strongly imply it (and it's not just a matter of "animation is done months in advance"; they have added scenes where they say that she's not there any more, and in at least one instance, replaced Mrs. K (who appeared in a commercial for the episode) with Miss Hoover in a background scene at the school).

11. Hot4Bo

Hot4Bo Finally an Avatar! TCF Club

Apr 3, 2003
    South Florida
    Yes, it was Gabby who saw the picture on the wall.

12. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    Yup.

That seems to make it pretty clear to me she is dead.

Unless maybe it's all a prank.

13. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
  14. mrizzo80

mrizzo80 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    My interest in Chicago Fire waned this season, but I thought the finale this week was a good episode. I read that (some) of the finale cliffhangers will be answered on next week's Chicago PD.

NBC is holding new episodes of Chicago Fire until November 2015.

Does anyone know how they film structure fires on this show? Is it CGI? Or do they just buy up old properties and do controlled burns? Or a mix of the two?

15. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    I doubt they buy up anything. They could make arrangements to get access to buildings due to be torn down.

I think they use CGI enhancing the real flames that come from gas jets.