Chicago Code - Finale - SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Gerryex, May 24, 2011.

1. Gerryex

Gerryex Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...
    Hi ALL,

Though certainly not as good as The Shield, this was a prety good show which I guess could not get enough of a following. I will miss it!

That being said, there were several things which I thought were quite bad about this episode:

1. The bad guy was being brought to the Grand Jury to testify. That means it was a court house building and I have a VERY hard time believing that the Aldenman's assistant could sneak a gun into the the building in her purse.

2. The bad guy is a HIGH PROFILE bad guy and all they have protecting him, as he's lead into the building, is 2 or 3 officers. And more importantly THEY DIDN'T PUT A BULLET PROOF VEST ON HIM!!!! As soon as I saw they had no vest on him I KNEW he was going to be shot and killed. THAT WAS VERY DUMB!!!

3. The evidence our hero got from his brother's files may sound good, but the "chain of custody" had been broken (in that it was no longer in a controlled evidence facility) and I doubt it would hold up during the actual trial.

Anyway, still a good show and I will miss it!!

Gerry

2. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    She didn't. She was at the security checkpoint, stalling until her victim arrived. She hadn't gone through yet.

I know the Government Center here in Minneapolis is set up similarly...there's a courtyard/lobby where anybody can get in, and if you want to go deeper into the building you have to go through one of several checkpoints.

3. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Anybody else notice that, right up until the last moment, Fox kept calling the episode "the season finale," as if the show had been renewed?

(Then again, in theory, they could always bring it back for new episodes on, say, FX...)

4. Gerryex

Gerryex Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...
    OH! I didn't realize that. But still, not having the bad guy in a bullet proof vest was plain stupid!!!

Gerry

5. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I'm with ya there!

6. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    I don't think there's any question but that in real life the witness / arrestee would have been protected by BOTH a bullet proof vest AND more guards. But of course when do writers allow logic or reality to interfere with a story line? ;)

7. Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    Upstate...
    Im sorry to see this one got cancelled

8. Archangel00

Archangel00 New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Gulf Coast
    Will miss this one too. Shoulda been on FX from the start and produced with FX's edginess.

9. Snappa77

Snappa77 RUDEBWOY

Feb 14, 2004
    BOSTON

X___SNAPPA___

I co-sign that 100%.

10. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I watched until the end. I hated Wysocki every episode. Just a ridiculously, unbelievable character. I lked everyone else. I had no problem with Jennifer Beals as the superintendant. I thought she did a good job. Delroy Lindo was great. He stole every scene he was in. I even got a little misty when Liam said he could now tell his family what he really did and wasn't just a screw-up.

The almost complete lack of police department middle management and beauracracy bugged me for the entire run. The command structure was like Mayberry. You had the chief, the lieutenant and street cops with nobody between the chief and the troops.

What the heck was up with the last scene where the superintendant suddenly becomes a hotel bar floozy?

11. Jon J

Jon J Curmudgeon TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA
    She picks up traveling businessmen about to leave town when she wants sex. She talked about why she had no "steady" earlier in the episode. ;)

12. cheesesteak

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    But she was in Chicago, right? There's no way she could do that under the radar.

13. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    She was pretty dolled up...I'm not sure how recognizable she would be to people who weren't specifically looking for her, in an environment where most of the people are out-of-towners.

I'd say it fits in with the general level of plausibility for the show...kinda sorta could be if you squint right. ;)

14. d-dub

d-dub Jami's Gameboy

Mar 8, 2005
    Corn Country
    I saw that as a response to the tirade from Gibbon's assistant about how she had nobody in her life, plus the fact that she wanted to have a relationship with the FBI guy but couldn't for political reasons. She wanted some sort of intimacy, and chose to get it anonymously by picking up a guy in a hotel bar who wouldn't know who she was.

15. cheesesteak

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I'm pretty sure that FBI guy would have been willing to find a career that wasn't a conflict of interest.

16. izmack

izmack New Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Reading, PA
    The whole premise at the end didn't fit with he character's straightlaced-ness....