Check Your Lost Season Passes

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by jimborst, Dec 31, 2005.

1. jimborst

jimborst Well-Known Member TCF Club

Aug 30, 2001
    IA USA
    I know a lot of people pad Lost, but if you add to the end of Lost, the return (Jan 11th) has a replay (Revelation) on at 7pm and the new episode (The 23rd Psalm) on at 8pm all times central. Adjust your season passes accordingly.

2. JMikeD

JMikeD Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Austin, TX
    "Revelations" is not a replay, as such. It's a new "catchup" episode to get people up to speed before the new episodes.

But the warning is still important.

Mike

3. Jan 3, 2006 #3 of 15
    Tracy

Tracy Truly

Mar 12, 2000
    Galena, IL
    Thanks for the warning!

4. Jan 3, 2006 #4 of 15
    Lee L

Lee L Got Basenji?

Oct 1, 2003
    Morrisville, NC
    I was wondering why that episode was one. Kind of screwed me up till we caught it as we pad lost on both ends so it tied up both tuners and was not going to record something until we fixed it.

This is the one area that TiVo does not do well.

5. Jan 3, 2006 #5 of 15
    weymo

weymo timeshifter

Jan 26, 2003
    Atlanta
    Watch out if you use ARWL for Lost (although I'm not sure why anyone would yet) as the 'other' Lost is airing this month a bunch of times on FoxReality.
    http://www.foxreality.com/shows.php?storyid=576#

6. Jan 4, 2006 #6 of 15
    betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    Thanks for the heads up. I am new to the tivo world so this helps.
    Would it be better do put these in as manual records and then put LOST on a season pass? I want to have the few minutes either way because Lost has been running over a couple minutes each episode this fall.

7. Jan 4, 2006 #7 of 15
    jeff125va

jeff125va New Member

Mar 15, 2001
    Ashburn, VA USA
    Thanks - I was wondering why there were two; I was hoping they were making up for the painful hiatus they're putting us through. If it's not causing any conflicts, I just may end up watching the recap show, since it's been so long since my last Lost fix.

I'm surprised people need to pad Lost. I miss maybe a second at the beginning (it usually starts with "-sly on Lost") and nothing at the end. Guess it varies by network affiliate.

8. Jan 4, 2006 #8 of 15
    ronsch

ronsch Active Member

Sep 7, 2001
    Tallahassee,...
    Remember that Series 2 TiVo's now have overlap protection so you should get both episodes even if you pad them.

9. Jan 8, 2006 #9 of 15
    betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    What is ARWL? And how do I know if I have a series 2 tivo? I got this as a christmas present from my sister who loves hers....but don't know what model etc I have.

10. dgh

dgh New Member

Jul 24, 2000
    ARWL = Auto Record Wish List.

It should say what it is on the back and in the manual. If it's a recent gift and it wasn't bought used from ebay, then it's probably a Series 2. If it has USB ports, then it's a Series 2. If you have the "overlap protection" mentioned above, then it's a Series 2 (New Messages and Settings>Settings>Recording>Recording Settings>Overlap Protection). If it's had any SW updates in the last couple of years then it's a Series 2 ;)

11. Dmtalon

Dmtalon I love Tivo...

Dec 27, 2003
    West...
    My DirecTV guide isn't showing anything on Wednesday but Lost at 9pm(Eastern) Some other show comes on at 8pm (magic something or other).

Have they changed it, or is my guide data wrong?

12. cheer

cheer Registered Offender

Nov 13, 2005
    Gurnee, IL
    My D* guide shows both episodes of Lost.

13. modnar

modnar Active Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Arkansas, USA
  14. sljack63

sljack63 New Member

Nov 2, 2004
    I got lucky! I missed seeing this thread and had no idea that Lost was going to be on for 2 hours. The Tivo recorded the first hour but not the 2nd hour. Thank goodness my Cox DVR recorded the 2nd hour. I had switch tv's to watch the entire thing, but at least I was able to do that!

Interestingly, when I attempted to tell the Cox DVR to start recording an hour earlier it said it could not overlap recordings :confused: I hate that thing, but it saved the day last night.

15. jamesbobo

jamesbobo with a grain of salt

Jun 18, 2000
    NJ
    Strange behavior with Lost and Invasion season passes. First, Lost 9pm and Invasion for 1/18 are on my To Do List. However, recording history says that these shows will not be recorded!? Furthermore, history says that both shows will not record on 1/25 because someone altered the season passes (not true).