Check your "24" Season Pass!!!

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Ozam, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Jan 5, 2007 #1 of 29
    Ozam

Ozam New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Atlanta

Advertisements

Everyone needs to double check their Season Pass recording schedule in the To Do List.

Last night I noticed that despite having the show 24 on a Season Pass, Tivo had not scheduled Sunday's season opening two hour episode, only Monday nights two hour episode. This situation is very strange. I could provide other examples, but everyone should get the jist.

While I could also write a post regarding how my HDTIVO has crapped out since the introduction of 6.3 (i've had it for two + years with NO problems formerly), why is it that DirecTV's communications with its customers is virtually nonexistent. I can accept problems, but at least be straight up with me and let me know there are problems...tell me first..don't make me find out the hard way. For whatever reason, DirecTV "appears" to just put its head in the sand.

The bottom line is this: as a 10+ year subscriber to DirecTv paying $111/month and a Tivo user since the early days, if DirecTV can not get there act together then I have no choice but to give its competitors a chance.

2. Jan 5, 2007 #2 of 29
    BBREAL

BBREAL New Member

May 27, 2004
    Los Angeles
    both episodes appear in my to do list.

3. Jan 5, 2007 #3 of 29
    Cheezmo

Cheezmo Active Member

Apr 26, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Both appear in my to do list (OTA HD).

4. Jan 5, 2007 #4 of 29
    kcmurphy88

kcmurphy88 New Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Well, when did you set it up? Did you, say, set it up back when only old reruns were listed, on Spike or WGN or whatnot?

If you set up a season pass on channel A, then new episodes begin on Channel B, you WILL NOT GET THEM. That's not a bug, that's a feature.

5. Jan 5, 2007 #5 of 29
    unclebrownie

unclebrownie New Member

Dec 31, 2001
    High Falls,...

Advertisements

Same thing going on with my SD Tivo , it keeps telling someone has changed the SP so it wont record , ( CSI, Law & Order, Cold Case , Without a Trace, Numbers ) to name a few.

6. Jan 5, 2007 #6 of 29
    Cmmsh

Cmmsh NOLA 8.29.05

Jan 1, 2007
    New Orleans
    That is NOT a feature. That is a mistake. If you create a season pass, it should record on ANY channel it comes on. Now, on the DirecT V DVRs, it doesn't work very well, but I have never had a problem on my TiVos.

I wish I had a solution for you, though.

There is a similar thread you may want to peek at to give you some help ...

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=333326

7. Jan 5, 2007 #7 of 29
    kepper

kepper Member

Nov 28, 2003
    southern...

It is a feature. If you want to record all new shows from all channels, then set up a wishlist instead of a season pass and it will do just that.

8. Jan 5, 2007 #8 of 29
    Cmmsh

Cmmsh NOLA 8.29.05

Jan 1, 2007
    New Orleans
    Whenever I have asked for a season pass on any show on my TiVo, it records it on any channel it comes on. ... Which is why my reply states that something must be wrong if Ozam's TiVo isn't doing that.

9. Jan 6, 2007 #9 of 29
    bwaldron

bwaldron New Member

Mar 15, 2003
    Brandon, FL
    A season pass is channel-specific, an (auto-record) wishlist will record from all channels.

10. Bowfinger

Bowfinger New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Same problem here on an HR10-250. We have 25-30 season passes set up, including the local nightly news. They have worked reliably for 2+ years. Suddenly the box is reporting no upcoming episodes for almost all of the passes, with the same message about "Someone changed the Season Pass." This is a mix of DirecTV and OTA progams.

I also notice when I went into Pick Programs to Record, Search by Title, that it seems like 95% of the programs are missing. For example, when I start with the letter 'D', it finds exactly four upcoming programs. It's not that the guide data is missing; I went out four days on "Guide" and it seems to be complete. It doesn't look like most programs are indexing. Very strange.

Edit: We've been on 6.3b for a week or so.

Edit 2: There is already a long thread about this: "Season Pass Problem"

11. tem

tem Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2003
    24 isn't even in my search list ! F*ing D*

12. SpankyInChicago

SpankyInChicago New Member

May 13, 2005
    I don't think so.

13. SpankyInChicago

SpankyInChicago New Member

May 13, 2005
    Go into your TDL where it says "won't record."

Right click. Select "more recording options." Select "record this episode also."

Let me know if that works.

14. kcmurphy88

kcmurphy88 New Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I've had this kind of thing happen. Assuming your unit has been on for more than a few days, it's a corrupted program list. Clear & Delete will fix it.

15. TyroneShoes

TyroneShoes HD evangelist

Sep 6, 2004
    Well, it might appear that way, but it is as designed. On purpose, and not a mistake. IOW, there are some minor limitations to the Tivo algorithm that are very likely either insurmountable (can be done but not without causing worse problems) or there for a very good reason.

Sometimes program suppliers make subtle or even invisible metadata changes to program names or info between seasons that will preclude an older SP recording newer eps. Veterans of Tivo know that the best course of action is to kill all SPs when a program's season is over and create new ones when the new season begins. You don't have to do that, but if you dont you run the risk of exactly this kind of problem on occasion.

16. BiggieSmalls

BiggieSmalls New Member

Dec 31, 2006
    Now I'm confused. Does season-pass record on a single channel or not?. I am looking at my 24 season pass and when I choose "view upcoming episodes" it shows all shows for 24 on any channel they air on. When I created the season pass I set it to record only first-runs and created it for the channel that carries the show (Fox channel 6, San Diego).

Am I going to get a bunch of reruns recorded also?

17. SrLANGuy

SrLANGuy Member

Dec 26, 2001
    Ignore what Cmmsh wrote because he's incorrect.

1. Season Passes are channel specific.

2. WishLists are NOT channel specific.

3. View Upcoming Episodes is NOT channel specific.

18. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    I second what SrLANGuy has said. Season passes are CHANNEL SPECIFIC ONLY!!! I don't use wishlists so I can't say if they're channel specific or not. You can, however, sell all instances of a show for every channel it's scheduled to be aired on when you select "View upcoming episodes."

19. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    When you view all episodes, you are viewing ALL episodes, on all channels, all seasons, new ones, repeats, etc.

There should only be check marks by the ones the TiVo is actually going to record going by the paramaters of the Season Pass you set, channel, new or repeat, 28 day rule, etc.

phox

20. hongcho

hongcho .

Nov 26, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    6.3a. 95124.

I had a similar problem with all my SP on KTVU (Fox) which recently had the ATSC channel problem. I think that must have confused TiVo. So, I removed all my KTVU SPs and recreated them and that seemed to solve this problem.

Hong.