Cheapest package w/locals?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by chudel, Jan 13, 2006.

1. chudel

chudel New Member

May 9, 2005

Advertisements

Hi - I'm curious what the cheapest package w/locals is? I recall reading something about a "Spanish" package that still contained lots of English but now I cannot locate it and DirecTV package information is a little sprase.

I really only need the locals and some kids shows, plus TiVo itself of course! The cursed NC tax really sucks.

Thanks,
    Chris.

2. Guindalf

Guindalf Now with added dalf

Jun 13, 2001
    Look for "Para Todos". It's a Spanish language package that goes for around $30/Mo I believe.

3. morgantown

morgantown DTV + Tvio = ;-)

Mar 29, 2005
    Wild...
    Most of the channels are in English if the OP didn't know that already.

4. chudel

chudel New Member

May 9, 2005
    Thanks. See the "Freebies from D*" thread -- I was able to get $5/mo off for 6 months with the TotalChoice plan so I'll keep that a while longer.

Cheers,
    Chris.

5. mgama

mgama Member

May 22, 2002

Advertisements

D* should carry a very basic "locals only" package. They had it in the past, and some people still have that grandfathered plan, but it is no longer available. I made the switch to cable because they offered a "limited basic" plan for $13 a month (I even get ESPN and ESPN2 with it - but that might be a fluke).

Honestly I do not remember the shows that I used to record and watch, which I no longer receive. I did the math at one point, and it was about 95% of my recorded TV being on the local channels. Now I have a home built Windows Media Center to do the recording... not as cool as a Tivo, but its working so far. I cannot wait for the Series 3 tivos. Once those it the market, I'll be back with Tivo.