Cheap Seats is ending

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by jschuman, Nov 15, 2006.

1. jschuman

jschuman Active Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Fairfax, VA USA

Advertisements

Just a heads up for anyone that watches Cheap Seats on ESPN Classic. It looks like the show is ending and the Series Finale (2 parter I believe) will be on this Sunday Night.

There are a lot of repeats for the show that can play havoc on Season Passes and they are running a marathon right before the Series Finale on Sunday, so you might want to double check your Tivo if you want to make sure it will record.

I really liked Cheap Seats and am sad to see it go. Aside from a brief hiccup (when they thought a live audience would be a good idea), each episode has been comedy gold.

2. bidger

bidger Active Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Elmira, NY
    I had an inkling this show was nearing it's run. I enjoy it and will miss it very much.

Meanwhile "According to Jim" keeps getting renewed.

3. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    Bummer dude! I remember the first time I saw the show...I had no idea that the hosts were brothers...let alone twins..and I recall thinking "Gee, those guys look a lot alike!" :p
    I have to say one of my favorite references was during the children's Putt-Putt competition...there was a HUGE shadow of a tree over one of the holes, and Jason (or was it Randy..those guys sound a lot alike too!) said, "Will someone ask Ben Wallace to move over?" Hee hee! :D
    I'll miss you, Sklar brothers...Hebrews represent! :up: :up:

4. lawilson2

lawilson2 New Member

Oct 6, 2005
    Chicago
    Man, this is my "before sleep" show! I watch an episode every night before I go to bed. I figured they had endless material to work with. I love their sarcasm, but I wish them well. Those brothers have a future in TV for sure.

5. mpar1

mpar1 New Member

Feb 13, 2005

Advertisements

I used to love this show. Then they had that "hiccup" which you referenced with the live audience and I canceled my SP. Are you saying they no longer have the audience? Perhaps I'll tune in to see the finale.

6. bidger

bidger Active Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Elmira, NY
    I'd restore the SP and do some catching up on some fine eps from this Season, like the Evel Knievel and the Steve Garvey Celebrity Skiing shows. Plus there's Roller Derby and Pro Wrestling. Oh yeah!

7. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Where else would I have learned about Rebecca Sealfon?

8. lawilson2

lawilson2 New Member

Oct 6, 2005
    Chicago
    They haven't had the live audience this whole season. I saw one of those 2005 episodes; I thought it was a gag to be honest like they usually do. I didn't know they tried it for more than 1 episode. Not a good idea....

9. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    I liked the..was her first name Patti? Patti Rapp Rap...
    She's got the booty I could tap-tap...
    ...The boys looked mighty fine in their suits during the music video!
    Nicccccce!

10. mpar1

mpar1 New Member

Feb 13, 2005
    They did for quite a few episodes and it ruined the vibe of the show.

I'll go back and catch some from this season based on recommendations in theis thread. Thanks for the feedback.

11. jschuman

jschuman Active Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Fairfax, VA USA
    From my recollection they had about 5-6 shows with a live audience. IIRC the first episode that they came back on without an audience they even joked about it being a mistake. Although the one good thing that came out of those episodes was Beamy. :)

12. waldingrl

waldingrl Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    I jsut got introduced to this show this past weekend. It was really a great show - too bad it was cancelled.

/season pass set

13. latrobe7

latrobe7 Fine for real TCF Club

May 1, 2005
    Orange...
    I still have a season pass from when this was new! Most of 'em I just delete because I've seen 'em, but occasionally I get one that's new to me.

I think it would be cool if they could do current stuff, like an "Olympics Edition" - but NBC probably wouldn't be too excited about that. I wonder if that's a reason it got cancelled; that they kind of ran out of stuff to make fun of and the leagues and networks weren't going to let them do current stuff...