Che@p Chicken B@$t@rd$ Rule!

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by HDTiVo, Sep 16, 2006.

1. HDTiVo

HDTiVo Not so Senior Member

Nov 27, 2002

Advertisements

We are the Che@p Chicken B@$t@rd$.

We did not order directly from TiVo.com in the first days. :cool:

We did not pay full price plus shipping (and maybe tax too) only to find out we could get an $3 with Lifetime cheaper and faster from elsewhere. :eek:

We did not buy it yet. We are waiting to see what happens with bugs, future features, price and etceteras. :confused:

We are not pissed. :cool:

We are not screwed. :cool:

We are tranquil and satisfied, as much as any Chicken can be. :cool: :eek:

Join us in our peaceful and welcoming enclave! :cool:

Che@p Chicken B@$t@rd$ Rule!

2. taba469

taba469 New Member

Dec 8, 2002
    Texas
    Do you know of a place where we can S3 w/ lifetime other than Tivo?

3. HDTiVo

Nov 27, 2002
    First, thank you for replying to this desperately lonely thread.

I believe the answer to your question may be contained in the Universe at present.

4. thwart

thwart New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Okay. I might as well check in. I haven't purchased one yet. So I am happy. I'm waiting till it gets down to a reasonable price of $299. And of course I want the features that are missing from this early version.

I am perfectly willing to wait for the next minor hardware version update (no software update possible) which will be the only way to get the old missing features and the new exciting features in the future at a considerably less expensive price tag. :)

5. HDTiVo

Nov 27, 2002

Advertisements

You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave. :eek:

Remember folks:

When you are ready to experience the bliss of S3 Worship without stress, our doors are open.

6. MediaLivingRoom

MediaLivingRoom New Member

Dec 10, 2002
    Yes, I want a Series 3 TiVo for $599 (after double coupon days) and $199 lifetime transfer with TTG and MRV working and ESATA. I'll pay $30-50 for 4 to 5 year warranty. No Tax and Free Shipping.

7. MickeS

MickeS Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Finally a thread for the rest of us. :D

I'm really just waiting for solid TTG/MRV/TTCB announcements, but I'll join you guys anyway, it fits the criteria right?

8. HDTiVo

Nov 27, 2002
    Yeah, MikeS and MediaLivingRoom, you guys are in. :cool:

Can you smell the lavender?

9. krypdo

krypdo Not Majority

Sep 13, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Checking in...

+1

I bet CCBs are the silent majority...

10. MediaLivingRoom

Dec 10, 2002

Yeap, People would ask me when is the HDTV Tivo coming out and I can FINALLY tell them it's here. BUT when I say it cost $799 they laugh, like "Are you kidding??!!"

So, Tivo.... Are you kidding???? $799 Comcast charges 9.99 plus 5.99 their version. Tivo what do the average person think?

11. mick66

mick66 Dirty Burger

Oct 15, 2004
    The 'verse
    WTF? That's as asinine as comparing the $40,000 purchase price of a Lexus to the $30 rental price of a VW.

12. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    I won't be buying an S3 until 2008 at the earliest, because that's when I'll be buying my HDTV and related equipment. Actually, I'll probably never buy an S3. By then it'll be the S4.

Besides, I need to save $5K or so to upgrade my eyes, via Lasik, to HD. :)

13. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    Yep, I do not even have an HDTV yet. Also just have extended basic cable.
    so for cable and 5 recording tuners and 700 hour of space I pay about 70$ a month total. I MRV all over the place and use TiVoToGo when on the run. Life is good here in SD land, except the football is not as crisp as a great fall Day.

Thanks again TiVo for the DT series 2, it fits my Che@p Chicken B@$t@rd$ approach to TV perfectly. :up:

14. AaRdVarK3

AaRdVarK3 New Member

Aug 12, 2003
    There's a not insignificant part of me that wishes I hadn't gone HD. It's been a pain in the ass to get it all set up, and all the fun stuff seems to be happening with SD content (TTG, SlingBox, iPod functionality, etc). The problem is once you get used to it, the thought of going back is pretty painful.

If I could just get the major networks OTA where I live, I'd be happy.

15. QVo

QVo New Member

Sep 6, 2006
    I'm the baby chick then, because I'm "cheap, cheap"

My logic for waiting is a little different. I had Adelphia/MOXI which was pretty good, but after I got my 42" 1080P LCD my main driver was HD! I want to see EVERYTHING in HD!

So, I have AT&T, and bundled Dish Network, and got the ViP622 for $200, but they had a special promo of $10 back for 10 months, and $10 back for HD for 10 months, PLUS a one-bill bundle of about $7 that goes on until I cancel my service. So in 10 months the ViP622 pays for itself which isn't bad. My bill for Dish is something like $37 for HD Silver package for the first 10 months.

I think I get something like 25-29 HD channels, Food Network just came on (which my wife LOVES), HGTV HD, ESPN, Discovery, etc.

The two features I REALLY MISS from my DirecTivo days were the ploh-ploohp menu sounds, and the FFW feature that would show me a few seconds ahead and then go back a few seconds after I hit play, which always plopped me right back from a show's return from commercial break.

With the confirmation that TiVo sounds not working in DD 5.1 (I have an ONKYO 7.1), my MOXI's sounds didn't work in DD either (now I know why), there is only one feature I miss. I couldn't care any less about TTG, HMO, etc. That's what my Mac Mini is for.

$800 dollars for one feature is pretty out there.

I'll switch back to TiVo for $199, and $19.95 a month, or $399, and 12.95 a month, with one year free. Then maybe I'll convince my wife to drop satellite and cable and go strictly OTA. (I'll have to pry her from Food Network in HD though - which is doubtful).

16. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    *sigh* I guess I'd better hang out here with the rest of you l00sers for a while. :D

17. Lenarro

Lenarro USSB Forever!

Mar 4, 2005
    Hudson, FL
    cluck

18. MediaLivingRoom

Dec 10, 2002
    I love a high value at a dirt cheap price. My Price is $599 for an S3

19. Devx

Devx New Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    I might as well join the club too. I really want a S3 but not at the $800 price point. I have lifetime on my S2 now and I'm even willing to give up the lifetime transfer option at this point (it would take me ~6+ years to break even anyway assuming the MSD price stays the same). Once all the major retailers start getting it, especially the large (discount) retailers like Amazon.com, Wal-mart, etc. then the price will come down.

20. kensteele

kensteele Member

Dec 28, 2002
    Overland...
    Yeah I'm playing the waiting game too...so this mac mini, I have an extra powerpc version sitting around idle, what can I do with it? Could you point me to that forum please?