Charter Spectrum POP Channel guide missing

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by JKR123, Feb 11, 2019.

1. JKR123

JKR123 New Member

Feb 10, 2019
    Is there anyone out there that lost the program guide info for the POP channel? A message came across my tivo screen on Jan 30th that my POP channel had been deleted. I contacted Charter Spectrum to inquire and they explained that I wasn't really losing the channel, they were moving it out of the gold pkg and it was being added to a lower level pkg on February 15th. I explained to Charter that I lost my program schedule info so could they please send an "add" transmission to my cable card so that my guide info would be properly populated again. Charter tells me that I have to contact TIVO to get this resolved. TIVO tells me that Charter has to resolve this. Does anyone understand what triggers those "add" and "delete" messages? It is difficult now to record shows on that channel. I know that I can manually set a recording if I am in front of my TIVO box, but I am not able to do so if I am using the TIVO app to set a recording and there is no guide program info.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
  3. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    This happened to me, as well. I did one of those Tivo report forms about that and another channel situation that's been going on. They did fix the Pop channel pretty quickly. The other one continues to be messed up.

If you haven't done so yet, you might try reporting it to Tivo using the form. The phone calls seem to be pretty ineffective anymore, sadly.

4. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    This pisses me off. I got the message the other day from TiVo that POP is no longer in my cable lineup. Sure enough, I tuned to the channel and it was there. Since I don't watch POP, I just shrugged it off. I figured it would be eventually corrected when someone complained.

I simply don't know how TiVo manages to do this. I mean they have to take affirmative action to do it. This is not the first time by a long shot.

5. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    Yes, I filled out the form over a week ago and it got fixed last week. They don’t fix it until somebody in your local market complains, so it may as well be you. As far as I know I could be the only 3rd party TiVo hardware user in my city.

6. tim1724

tim1724 Active Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2007
    Temple City, CA
    POP disappeared for me a week or two ago. Then it came back a few days later, but they incorrectly listed the west coast feed for HD rather than the east coast feed. (As with BBC America and a few other channels, Charter uses the west coast feed for the SD channel but the east coast feed for the HD channel. It's weird but it's handy sometimes.) I need to file a complaint as it's been wrong for a week now.

7. jtrippe77

jtrippe77 Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Alabama
    This just happened for me as well for POP. Where is the form that I fill out to have the guide data re-added?

8. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
  9. JKR123

JKR123 New Member

Feb 10, 2019
    Thanks so much for the responses. At the moment I still don't know who is responsible for applying the fix for this issue, but I do see that whoever is doing it is doing it piecemeal. I tried to get an update on my tickets but both Charter and TIVO are still pointing their fingers at the other for the ultimate resolution. Whether it be Charter, TIVO, or some 3rd party, they should know everyone that got sent the erroneous deletion and they should send the fix to those same people. We should not have to be individually reporting this issue when it should be easily identifiable who got impacted by this. If and when I get a resolution on this, and I am able to get details on who did what, I will post it. I have serious doubts that I will get details because neither Charter nor TIVO seems to be updating tickets with resolution information.

10. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    Only TiVo can add it back into the lineup with programming info. Now it could be that Charter somehow informed TiVo it was dropping POP from it's lineup, but that is now irrelevant.

11. JKR123

JKR123 New Member

Feb 10, 2019
    UCLABB, you hit the nail on the head. From what I have found out, Charter miscommunicated the schedule change and TIVO acted upon that. I was told that TIVO can fix the issue only at an individual account level. They have no way of doing a mass change for all of the accounts affected. They told me that Charter Spectrum has to send a corrected communication that TIVO acts upon for this to be corrected at a mass account level.

12. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I've had Charter for decades. A number of years ago, Charter must have sent Tivo a humongous list of channel number changes in my market. Oh man, it was a hot mess if I ever saw one. Couldn't record anything on the channels that were affected because Tivo thought the real channel numbers no longer existed.

Fortunately, that was back when you could get actual help when you called Tivo and it got worked out but, because it must have been Charter who screwed it up, it wasn't easy.

The fact of the matter was that there were going to be changes to the numbers (e.g. HBO & Show and some others) at some point in the future but they must have sent Tivo those changes way ahead of time. Either that or they were dated and Tivo didn't wait until the effective date and changed everything immediately.

13. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    TiVo only hires the best people. :)

mschnebly likes this.
  14. JKR123

JKR123 New Member

Feb 10, 2019
    Yes, it is hard to say who messed up because no one from either side will tell me what actually happened. I can't even imagine having this impact multiple channels at the same time and on the wrong date! I would be pulling my hair out!! I guess I watch too much tv. I tried to get both my Charter ticket and TIVO ticket updated so that they will fix this as a mass change on their end or at least communicate to the other team what they did wrong.

15. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    It may be one of those things where Spectrum and Pop were negotiating a carriage agreement renewal for Feb. 1 and someone from Spectrum out of spite told TiVo they’re dropping Pop as a way to bluff Pop to reach agreement.

16. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    Just got a message from TiVo that TVONE is no longer in the lineup. I tuned to the channel, it was fine. Yet again a screwup. I don't watch TVONE so I won't bother submitting a lineup report.

17. neel

neel New Member

Feb 6, 2016
    I contacted them about POP and they fixed it. Now my TVOne also says it's removed and I get "no title available" in the guide. Even though I don't watch the channel much, kind of annoying that channels are getting deleted for no reason.