Charter HD subscribers: what CableCard FW do you have?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by duncan7, Apr 25, 2011.

1. duncan7

duncan7 Member

Sep 17, 2004
    I've recently lost one channel on both of my Premieres with the dreaded "Problem with the signal on this cable channel. Trying again."

I've had Charter out three times, but they mostly just tune to the affected channel, verify that the ones above and below work, then kick to the next level of support. We tried swapping out one of the M-cards this morning but that didn't help.

While on the phone with TiVo this afternoon, we noticed that the firmware version string on these (Motorola) cards looks odd: "02.65, -.-, 03.25"

Does anyone know if there should be something in that middle field, or what the current FW from charter (Georgia) ought to be?

2. curiousgeorge

curiousgeorge Member

Nov 28, 2002
    I'm in CA, but mine says 02.65, 02.01, 03.25

3. duncan7

duncan7 Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Thanks, CG. The plot thickens. Does anyone know why there are three fields- what component's not reporting on my unit?

4. donnoh

donnoh Member

Mar 7, 2008
    I'm in TN and mine reads 02.01,-.-,03.25

I had a similar problem to what you're describing a few weeks ago where I lost almost half of my HD channels and got the same message. I was convinced it was a Charter problem because both of my Premieres were missing the same channels. A call to support didn't help so they dispatched a truck. Before they showed up I decided to try a reboot and all of the channels came back.

5. curiousgeorge

curiousgeorge Member

Nov 28, 2002
    Are you using a tuning adapter? I am not.

6. donnoh

donnoh Member

Mar 7, 2008
    No tuning adapter. I was told about a year ago when I had my last card installed that my local system was going to go to SDV though. So far nothing has happened, but that was the first thing that came to my mind and that was the first thing that the Charter help desk checked. I have to give Charter credit, I always talk to an American when I call for help and they always seem to know what they're doing.