Charter Cable-Ma.- QAM channels wont tune anymore

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by sender_name, Jun 29, 2008.

1. sender_name

sender_name I remember XM 202!

Feb 11, 2005
    Northboro Ma
    So I have charter cable (worcester Ma. listings) I think they did some sort of system update or something because after a service outage last week I can no longer tune the Qam channels regularly. Nesn, 103-3 is no prob. NBC 102-2 is 50:50....fox HD will no longer tune (102-2). THey all work fine on the HDTV w/ just the cable into the tv.
    Now i just get grey screen. The signal info says 100% signal on the channel...but it doesn't tune. I am not using cable cards, just the cable right into the tivo for unmapped qam

THoughts? HELP!

2. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2004
    It sounds elementary, but my first idea would be to try rebooting the box. This helped me before, for some reason.

Second idea would be to re-scan for new channels. One time my cable co. moved QAM channels but they jumped back and forth from their old and new locations for a little while, for some reason. A re-scan might help find some new locations.

3. sender_name

sender_name I remember XM 202!

Feb 11, 2005
    Northboro Ma
    i tried rebooting, same...

It is not a remap b/c the channels are the same on the tv w/ out tivo (coax split 1 to tivo 1 to the tv.) It works fine on 103-3 (Nesn) but when i tune 102-1(Fox) it won't come in, and 102-2 (NBC) will only come in if i turn to it after being on a channel that is working...I can go from 103-3 to 102-2 and it comes in but if i go from 102-1 (won't tune) to 102-2 i get nada...

4. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Tivo's support of unencrypted QAM channels without CableCards is pitiful to non-existent unfortunately and they have already stated it's very low on their priority list to improve. Their current implementation makes certain assumptions and changes by your cable company can screw things up pretty easily as you have already found. If you haven't already you should give OTA a shot so that you can get all the HD locals with proper guide listings. If that's not an option then getting CableCards is your only real officially supported option for digital cable with S3/THD.