Charmed - 2/19/2006 - The Last Temptation of Christy

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by WinBear, Feb 19, 2006.

1. WinBear

WinBear Konner Kringle

Aug 24, 2000
    Carrollton,...
    What happened? Was the ending last week supposed to lead us to believe that Billie found Christy? I thought she just found her cell and it was empty.

And in other non sequitors, what was up with Simon? He seemed very out of the blue as well, although I appreciate that his appearance moved the Page/Henry romance along handily. It needed a nudge.

I must really be losing since I don't remember Greg either. I was thinking of Dan from season 2, but it wasn't the same actor and the backstory given didn't jibe with season 2.

Finally, the Triad? Is this the same Triad we saw glimpses of in season 2 or so, at least before the Balthazor story became the primary storyline? Very interesting for this season's big bad, considering it has taken this long to even give us their name, much less show them.

2. lee espinoza

lee espinoza some guy

Aug 21, 2002
    San Antonio,TX
    did cole not kill the Triad?

3. cptodd

cptodd Just Me!

Jun 30, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    the beginning threw me big time.

4. JDHutt25

JDHutt25 Active Member

Dec 27, 2004
    Thank you for asking all of the questions I had while watching. Though, I don't remember Greg specifically, I do remember banging some guy on top of a fire truck.

And yes, Cole did kill the Triad.

5. JDHutt25

JDHutt25 Active Member

Dec 27, 2004
    You're looking for logic in this show?

6. lee espinoza

lee espinoza some guy

Aug 21, 2002
    San Antonio,TX
    that is why I delete my post.

7. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    Just because Cole killed the Triad doesn't mean it can't be reconstituted with three other demons.

8. lee espinoza

lee espinoza some guy

Aug 21, 2002
    San Antonio,TX
    That is what i was thinking.

9. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    What would be the purpose of Charmed if the baddies didn't get reconstituted every now and then.
    Afterall, how many Sources of All Evil have we seen?

What episode did Paige learn to heal?

I'm glad Simon didn't stick around. I was hoping that a demon would kill him. But, he could be back if enough viewers liked him.

10. JDHutt25

JDHutt25 Active Member

Dec 27, 2004
    She healed Henry in the episode where they were being held hostage in the bank.

11. WinBear

WinBear Konner Kringle

Aug 24, 2000
    Carrollton,...
    We've seen previously that the power void left by certain demons ("The Source") can be filled by lesser demons growing into the role. Perhaps that's what we're seeing here.

12. PJO1966

PJO1966 Hi. What is this?

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    I am getting a little tired of the "biggest evil ever". How many times have we heard that?

The Simon character did come out of nowhere, and yet another inconsistancy... Paige was supposed to be the only half-witch / half-whitelighter. At least that's the way they established it when she was introduced into the show.

All that aside, I actually thought this was one of the best episodes in a while. And most importantly, Wyatt speaks!

13. Kaley

Kaley New Member

Feb 17, 2006
    Lawerencevil...
    Who played Christy for she is really HOT?

14. lee espinoza

lee espinoza some guy

Aug 21, 2002
    San Antonio,TX
  15. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
  16. Langree

Langree The Gimp

Apr 29, 2004
    Freezinmyass...

Buffy did that at least 5 times per season :p

17. PJO1966

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    true. :D

18. Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    There's always another 'big bad'. It's the whole premise of the show. I guess, the end will be when they slay the biggest bad? I don't know. Life will always have good and evil. It seems to be the cycle of life. Polar opposites. I don't think it's possible to eradicate it. I think you wouldn't appreciate the good without the bad.

I think what would make a satisfactory end to the show is if the charmed ones figure out how to keep the world 'in balance'. A complete even level playing field. That would allow them to have a life, and they wouldn't have to worry about saving the world so much. Make it a magic spell that keeps the world in balance.

The only thing that really bugs me is how fast things are moving with Henry. This week, proposal. Next show, marriage ceremony? Sheesh.

19. PJO1966

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA

I guess they don't have much time left. I don't think the show is coming back next year. They're in the home stretch.

Did I mention that Wyatt spoke? :D

20. Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    Yeah, I noticed that. :D