Charlie Sheen Roast

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by pjenkins, Sep 20, 2011.

1. pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    about to watch this - might be a good trainwreck :)

2. coolpenguin

coolpenguin New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    Glen Burnie, MD
    recorded it will probably watch parts of it this weekend.

3. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    Was okay.. I had read some leaks of the big jokes before so really was not that good... I think some of the previous roasts have been better.

4. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Oh man that was a snooze. Only Whitney could have rescued this. ;) Miss ya Greg!

5. 2004raptor

2004raptor time to emancipate

Dec 30, 2005
    GA
    Stayed up way too late to watch. It was good. Steve O is annoying and seemed out of place. And his teeth look fake.
    Amy (whatever her last name is) was good. Not sure what she's been in in the past but she looked familiar.

Overall, well worth watching if you like Roasts in general.

6. robbhimself

robbhimself Member

Sep 13, 2006
    it wasn't the best of the comedy central roasts, but it was pretty good.. the only joke i didn't like was the ryan dunn one, i know it's supposed to be fun mean spirited, but that just wasn't funny

7. retrodog

retrodog King Button Pusher

Feb 7, 2002
    At the gun...
    Haven't watched it yet. Probably tonight. I recorded the late showing in hopes it would be bleeped less.

8. Barryrod

Barryrod New Member

Mar 17, 2006
    South Florida
    No luck there. 1 am showing was bleeped like crazy too :mad:

They even bleeped "Downs Syndrome" :confused:

9. trainman

trainman Nice to see you

Jan 29, 2001
    Sherman...
    I watched the first run at 10:00 Eastern (7:00 Pacific on DirecTV :D ), and it seemed to me that this one was bleeped a lot less than previous roasts -- for example, they let the S-word stay unbleeped, which I don't believe was the case in the past.

10. retrodog

retrodog King Button Pusher

Feb 7, 2002
    At the gun...
    Just watched it. Thought it was funny.

11. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    Watched it tonight. Mike Tyson either needed to not be there or keep quiet. He was a distraction. And his bit was the only one I had to FF through. The rest of them were pretty good.

12. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    I thought it was funny too, but Mike Tyson? Also the only FF. It was like Mike didn't get the roast.

Kate Walsh was great, who knew she had that in her!

13. pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    i thought Tyson was comical in spots, uncomfortably retarded in others, but still funny. the roast was probably more funny to me given the # of beers i had :)

14. fmowry

fmowry Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    Not nearly as good as the other roasts. Hard to not have Greg, Lisa Lampanelli, Nick DiPaolo and of course Whitney.

Jeffrey Ross was the best. Mike Tyson was to the Sheen roast as Courney Love was to the Pam Anderson roast. WhyTF were they there?

15. ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    I think as the night wore on that blonde chick no one had ever heard of was getting genuinely pissed that people kept pointing it out. :)

16. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    I thought it was just OK. Jeffrey Ross is always great. Amy Schumer was pretty vicious. Apparently she's the niece of New York Senator Chuck Schumer.

17. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I thought it was great. Tyson had no business being there, but that made it that much funnier when he kept responding to the jokes. And some of the best jokes were at his expense, so I'm glad he was there. I would have liked to see Charlie's rebuttals at the end be a little stronger, but overall it was well done.

18. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    I thought Charlie's rebuttals were the best part of the show. Certainly the most consistent.

Ross was good. Shatner was good.

Who the hell is Anthony Jeselnik? He was awful.

19. fmowry

fmowry Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    I thought he had some good jokes. His delivery is a bit off though.

Jeselnik: ”Kate Walsh, I don’t watch that stupid show you’re on, but I do find it interesting you have your own perfume. For that special lady who wants to smell like who gives a f***.”

Jeselnik: ”Steve-O is trying stand-up comedy. I actually saw you perform at the Comedy Cellar, and here’s some free advice: don’t give up your suicide.”

Jeselnik: to Sheen: ”The only reason you got on TV in the first place is because God hates Michael J. Fox.”

“You've convinced more women to have abortions than the pre-natal test for Down Syndrome.”

He had some good Tyson jokes too. The Richard Pryor joke was good, but way to obscure for most.

20. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    I just don't get the nobodies that get to be on these roasts. Who are these people? And what's with people like Tyson being there. Who decided he was funny?

I have never been a fan of Jeffrey Ross, and wouldn't know him if it weren't for previous roasts.

Never heard of Anthony Jeselnik until a previous roast.

Never heard of Amy Schumer.

Never heard of the big guy, can't even think of his name.

Dislike Steve O.

Not a fan of Jon Lovitz.

I do like Seth McFarland. He does a good job of hosting IMO.

I wouldn't have expected to see Kate Walsh there, but she did pretty good.

William Shatner was funny.

Charlie was funny!

I couldn't figure out why Maria Bello was in the audience, till I realized that it was Charlie's ex-wife, not Maria. She was rocking that hat look that I keep seeing on Maria in the promos for her new show.