Channels seem to have shifted

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by thenoname, Jun 22, 2015.

1. thenoname

thenoname New Member

Jun 22, 2015

Advertisements

Hello!

I am currently having an issue with my TiVo Roamio and I was hoping I could get some advice. I have the basic Roamio (not OTA version) and use an antenna to receive my programming. For some reason recently, my channels 34-1 and 34-2 have moved to 34-3 and 34-4. When I check the signal strength, I still have 72% for both 34-1 and 34-2, but the picture is on 34-3 and 34-4. This would be fine, but the guide doesn't have any info for 34-3 and 34-4. I checked my DVR diagnostics and I am missing the Program Number and Program Lock for both 34-1 and 34-2. I am also getting the V53 error when I try to tune to them. My girlfriend has the same setup as me a few houses down and she is having the same issue. Is there anything I can do? I have done resets and redid my guided setup and it didn't help.

Thanks!
    Thenoname

2. thenoname

thenoname New Member

Jun 22, 2015
    Also, I just realized that the channels that are showing up with a picture are the actual "Physical Channels". 34-1 and 34-2 are the "Virtual Channels". Is there something I can do to get them to remap correctly? I got the info about the physical and virtual channels from rabbitears.info. I can't post links because I'm new so I'll have to do it like this: rabbitears.info/market.php?request=print_station&facility_id=11260

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    If this was a digital TV, I would say that the station has messed up their PSIP. The physical channel for WIVT/WBGH is 34. The virtual channels are determined by the PSIP. I would give the station a call. I would connect the antenna to a TV and verify the error first. I have cable and have never had a channel with PSIP.

But, since it's a TiVo, the above may be the wrong approach. I thought I saw somewhere that a TiVo didn't use the PSIP. Wiki is a good location to find physical/virtual channel information on any station.

Check Roamio thread. You are not alone.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  4. TA510

TA510 New Member

Jan 22, 2005
    I have been experiencing the same exact issue with WIVT on a TIVO OTA. So I'd say the station has definatley hosed their PSID up. :mad:

5. thenoname

thenoname New Member

Jun 22, 2015

Advertisements

Here's the email chain. The engineer is saying everything is fine...Maybe I need to give them a phone call....

Matt,

This is to let you know that everything is correct with our over-the-air (OTA) programming at our end: the streams show 34-1 and 34-2, and the PSIP tables are correct as well. We would advise that you re-scan your television or setup box. If youÂ’re hooked up to your apartmentÂ’s Master Antenna, you may want to let your apartment managers know that their equipment appears to be in need of a reset.

Thank you for your continued viewership,

---
    [Removed]
    Assistant Chief Engineer & IT Network Administrator
    WIVT-DT & WBGH-HD
    Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc.
    Binghamton, NY
    Phone: [Removed]; Cell: [Removed]

Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2015 12:47 PM
    To: [Chief Engineer]
    Subject: Issue with PSIP: OTA is not working correctly

Hello,

I have noticed that last week 34-1 moved to 34-3 and 34-2 moved to 34-4. Basically, it seems like the PSIP is not setting the virtual channels correctly. Is there something you can do? This is affecting a whole bunch of us who live in [Removed] in [a town near Binghamton].

Thanks,
    Matt [removed]

6. thenoname

thenoname New Member

Jun 22, 2015
    I just redid my guided setup and now everything is back to normal. I'm wondering if the engineer actually did find something and fix it.....

7. TA510

TA510 New Member

Jan 22, 2005
    Sent an email also so they realize this is an issue for more than just you! ... saw your last post after sending email ... redoing Guided setup as I type this ... fingers crossed! UPDATE ... Looks like you got his attention! :) Fixed here also.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  8. wood252ota

wood252ota Member

Apr 19, 2008
    I got the same note. They suggested that I re-run channel scan, etc, but I didn't need
    to do anything. I just went to 34.1 and it worked. They said the problem was a down
    load from tivo. But one of my failing units was an HD and I don't think tivo is sending
    down new loads for that.

9. nysrn

nysrn New Member

Apr 11, 2010
    The station engineer replied on the AVS Forum that there was an equipment failure, and when he switched out the failing equipment he entered the wrong TSID value. It turns out that TiVos use this, but (most?) TVs do not. He has fixed this now.

www dot avsforum dot com/forum/45-local-hdtv-info-reception/253210-binghamton-elmira-ny-hdtv-126.html#post35274130

Steve