Channels I Receive not sticking

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by David Ferguson, Jan 1, 2006.

1. David Ferguson

David Ferguson New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    I have an HD DirectTivo, and I am having a problem setting the "Channels I Receive" list. I recently had to re-align the dish, and since then I have not been able to remove those pesky shopping channels! The guide always shows me all the channels. When I go back into setup for Channels I Receive, all the channels are checked.

I have the guide set to show me only "Channels I Receive", and I have been testing by "unchecking all channels" then just adding a few back in. I have restarted (but not a delete everything/restart).

Is this a known problem? Any solutions or workarounds?

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    Those channels will keep coming back. Something to do with how DirecTV reactivates certain channels that aren't on 24hrs a day. If they really bother you, use the "Favorite Channels" filter instead.

3. David Ferguson

David Ferguson New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    Well, I'm not quite sure what I did, but my Channels I Receive list is now editing properly. I believe I only did two things -- went to edit the "Favorite Channels List" -- verified that it was sticky and working, and I re-scannned for my Over-the-Air HD channels. After that I tried once more editing the Channels I receive list -- initially turning off only sat channels, but eventually turning off all the channels I never want Tivo to record from (or that I really don't receive!).

Hopefully this will help someone else.

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    Glad you got it working. "Favorite Channels" will certainly work better than "Channels I Receiver" to keep those annoying shopping channels from showing up.

5. PRMan

PRMan New Member

Jul 26, 2000
    Yorba...
    I have found that rebooting fixes the channels not sticking problem.

6. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    I suspect that although you were editing the Channels You Receive list, your guide was still showing All channels.