Channels Freezing

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by wizard012, Apr 9, 2011.

1. wizard012

wizard012 New Member

Mar 18, 2011
    I got a Tivo Premiere a few weeks ago. The tech from Comcast came and installed a cable card. Most of the channels came in without a problem, but there are about 15 or so that continue to play for 5 seconds, then freeze for 5 seconds. He left it like that. Comcast was supposed to check back with me to see if they ever started working right, but never did.

I contacted Tivo and explained the situation to them. They had me try a few things which did not work. They decided that there was probably a problem with my Tivo box so they sent me a new one. Well, apparently it was not the Tivo because I'm having the same problems with the same channels on the new box.

Comcast is supposed to come back Monday, but I was wondering if anyone had any idea of what the problem could be. I hooked up the cable box from another tv and everything worked fine.

2. Stuxnet

Stuxnet Alien Infidel

Feb 8, 2011
    Did you check the channel signal strength?

3. wizard012

wizard012 New Member

Mar 18, 2011
    Yes, the signal strength for channel 24 (a channel that freezes) is 79, the signal strength for channel 25 (works fine) is 80 and the signal strength for 26 (freezing) is 82.