Channels are randomly added to my tivo

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by badm0j069, May 28, 2008.

1. badm0j069

badm0j069 New Member

Sep 6, 2007

Advertisements

My tivo randomly adds channels and it is really annoying. It adds QVC all the time. It adds other channels too. I delete them and it readds them. What gives?

2. BobB

BobB Devout Tivonian

Aug 26, 2002
    Brookline, MA
    When you say you delete them, do you mean you go into Channels I Receive and uncheck them? If so, the only time they should come back is when your cable service moves them to a new channel number.

3. badm0j069

badm0j069 New Member

Sep 6, 2007
    I mean in the channel list settings. I have them skipped, so they do now show up on my channel list.

4. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Happens for me to. There is no way to permanently remove the channels from the lineup. If you have time, you can try re-running guided setup. That helped for me once but now the problem is back.

5. NA9D

NA9D New Member

May 26, 2008
    Algonquin, IL

Advertisements

How could you not want to watch QVC? :p

6. yjr

yjr New Member

Apr 26, 2006
    Here is what I did, and I *think* it fixed it. I did it a while ago so I'm not sure of the exact steps.(follow the screen prompts)
    Call up the GUIDE(press the guide button)press ENTER to open the guide's option screen, make sure that ALL is NOT selected.
    you can choose Channels I receive or favorites(if you have any). close the guide.
    go to settings, channel list, uncheck all the channels you want to skip, right arrow to DONE press SELECT.
    HTH
    JerryR

7. vectorzulu

vectorzulu New Member

Nov 27, 2007
    I have Comcast (Houston, TX) basic cable (no premium or expanded basic). I recently removed/readded my cable card and had to re-run guided setup. After guided setup runs the Tivo adds all of the basic channels, most of which I do not receive. So I go into the channel list (under setup) and remove the channels I do not receive. Doing this removes the channels so they dont show up in the guide as well as skipping over them when you use the channel up/down button.

After about a day all of the deleted channels get re-added. This use to work in the past. I have re-ran guided setup twice.

8. CharlesH

CharlesH Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Sacramento...
    I have a Series3, and the return of unselected channels bug has DEFINITELY reappeared with the 9.3 software. We recently got several new HD channels in the SF Bay area, so I went through and deleted their SD version. And a few days later, they were back.

9. Jun 2, 2008 #9 of 10
    beachboy2

beachboy2 New Member

Jun 2, 2008
    it might be a ghost...has anyone been murdered in your house before...

10. cruton

cruton Registered User

Nov 6, 2002
    I have a Series 3 and 2 Series 2s. I have only noticed this happen with the Series 3.