Channel video missing until I test in TIVO, then they work

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by kevbjohnson, Dec 31, 2007.

1. kevbjohnson

kevbjohnson New Member

Dec 31, 2007

Advertisements

I have a new TIVOHD and have a single S-CC installed. As others have seen, I am missing some channels that TW Cable has put onto switching, so those are not available for the time being.

The problem I'm having is periodic loss of channels. For example, I get ESPNHD and ESPN2HD (not switched). But, sometimes I tune to those channels and they are black screens. However, if I go into TIVO and test these channels, they come up with video and I can get out of TIVO and watch those channels OK until some later time when I again need to test the channel to get video. This has also happened with other channels and the test channel workaround seems to work for them too.

Any thoughts or ideas.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. DrWho453

DrWho453 New Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Raleigh NC
    When the channel is blank have you tried to switch to the other tuner to see if it shows up on the other tunner? Remember with one S CC you can only receive the channel on one tunner. You need two S CC or one M CC if you want to view the channel on both tunners. Its possible that when the channel is coming up blank that you are looking at the tunner that is not tied to the CC.

3. kevbjohnson

kevbjohnson New Member

Dec 31, 2007
    Interesting. Is there a way to choose which tuner is used? I guess I assume that if I only had one CC, that only that tuner would be active and I would just miss the functionality of watching one channel while I record another.

4. DrWho453

DrWho453 New Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Raleigh NC
    As far as I know there isn't a way to tell Tivo to use one tuner. I might be mistaken since I have always had 2 S cards in my series 3 unit and so I have always had something on my two tuners.