Channel strength scan and now NO signals

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Intheswamp, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Intheswamp

Intheswamp Active Member

Nov 14, 2017

Advertisements

This morning I decided to check OTA signal strength being as I had to move the antenna a bit for some work we're having done in the yard. Channels were coming in "ok", no big issues but I was curious and wanted to know how they were doing. I started the signal strength app and it said that it had a signal on one of our stronger channels but gave no signal strength. The same thing for other channels. Along with no picture on the screen. I backed out of the signal strength app and suddenly I have zero signal on *any* channel. It is like I disconnected the antenna or something when I initiated the signal strength app.

As it is now, we have ZERO OTA reception!!!!!!!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Intheswamp

Intheswamp Active Member

Nov 14, 2017
    Follow-up...
    Still no signal.
    If I do a signal verification scan the scan hangs at 0% completion.
    If I do a new channel scan it hangs at 5%.

:(

3. ggieseke

ggieseke Well-Known Member

May 30, 2008
    Cold reboot?

Intheswamp likes this.
  4. Intheswamp

Intheswamp Active Member

Nov 14, 2017
    Thanks for the feedback. I didn't try a cold reboot, but will when I get back home...had to come into the office for a while. Hopefully it will fix it. Odd, though...started the signal strength test and BOOM!!! No reception.

The Roamio tells me I'm getting a signal on the strong channel but shows me no numerical signal strength or picture. When I go to a channel in "Live TV" the channel information, etc., shows up but no picture. I've noticed on a few of the blank channels that a "pause" icon is shown beside the current time at the bottom of the screen...not on all channels, but some. I'm not sure if that means anything or not.

5. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

When I tune to a dead channel, I see a "||" in yellow (with TE4).

6. Intheswamp

Intheswamp Active Member

Nov 14, 2017
    Ok ggieseke, I did a cold reboot and things are back working!!!! Thanks!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks everybody!!!

7. Intheswamp

Intheswamp Active Member

Nov 14, 2017
    I'll have to recheck, but I'm pretty the "||" was in blue on my TE4 Roamio. Thankfully, it's back working good. I haven't revisited "signal strength" yet, though. Probably just fluke/hiccup...hopefully.