Channel Signal Issue

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by TRMTX, Apr 14, 2021.

1. TRMTX

TRMTX New Member

Sep 29, 2018

Advertisements

Setup:

OTA with a TIVO bolt and a mini. Antenna in attic. Houston, TX

Issue: Moved to a new house pretty much the same distance from the antenna farm. Setup everything and all stations are coming in except for 13.1 (KTRK ABC). 13.2 and 13.3 come in fine. Plugged coax directly into TV (bypassing TIVO) and 13.1 comes in just fine as well.

Any suggestions? Never had any issues at the old house. Thanks!

Edit: did do a channel rescan. Error message is Problem with signal (V53)

2. mblloyd

mblloyd Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Mercer...
    Not totally unusual, unless we are the only ones with the problem, though mine is on an old Premier. Signal directly to tv works fine. When using TiVo you might look for KTRK listed on a different frequency channel. That’s the case for channel 13 in Seattle.
    (There are a lot of things that can make your new location’s reception different.)

3. brobin

brobin Active Member

Feb 14, 2014
    When I had a place in Houston near the Galleria I needed an antenna amplifier to boost the levels from the attic antenna. The
    Channel Master CM-7778V3 should do the trick.

4. Wil

Wil Unknown Member

Sep 26, 2002
    While this is true, it's unlikely a reception issue since problem is 13.1 but 13.2 and 13.3 are OK. It's that old devil channel mapping.

Did your scan show any other entry for KTRK ABC on the channel list? Are 13.2 and 13.3 what they're supposed to be, both in the video itself and the guide data?