Channel scan never finishes

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by pgoelz, Mar 5, 2020.

1. pgoelz

pgoelz Active Member

May 1, 2005
    Original Roamio, configured as OTA. Software 20.7.4b.RC3-846-6-846 (TE3)
    Actually, a channel scan does scan and eventually report that it is 100% complete. However, there is no way to exit other than the CANCEL button. And if you hit CANCEL, it warns that the channel scan is not complete and no new channels will be saved. I left it this way for a good 10-15 minutes and still the only exit option was CANCEL. Did I miss something?

Paul

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Select button is asked for. Just for the heck of it, put the remote into IR mode by TiVo button and "C" for a few seconds. Then hit Select again. Go back to RF mode with TiVo + "D" for a few seconds.

I have run many channel scans on my Roamio & Premiere units.

3. pgoelz

pgoelz Active Member

May 1, 2005
    Not sure I follow you. When I start a channel scan, the only clickable button showing is CANCEL. Even after the progress bar reaches 100%, the CANCEL button remains and nothing else appears or replaces the CANCEL button. It is highlighted and pressing SELECT clicks simply CANCEL.

This could be an issue shortly as we have at least one channel I watch moving on or before March 13 from UHF (CH14) to low VHF (CH3). In fact, I thought they had already moved when yesterday they were missing on CH14. I tried a channel search which never finished. The next time I looked on CH14, they were back, with a crawl explaining that they were testing the new transmitter and might be off the air at times.

I'll start a new channel scan now and report back. Maybe I did miss something.

Paul

EDIT
    My error.... sorta. During the scan, the message reads "... press CLEAR to stop". Yesterday, that message never went away, even after the scan reached 100%. Today, the scan completed and went back to the channel list. Go figure!

4. pgoelz

pgoelz Active Member

May 1, 2005
    OK, it did it again this morning..... I started a scan and it reached 100% but ".... press clear to stop" never went away. A couple of my channels are marginal.... might that confuse it?

Paul