Channel not authorized this morning.

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by tomhorsley, Feb 27, 2011.

1. tomhorsley

tomhorsley Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Turned on the TV this morning to watch a show that should have recorded, and instead I see a "not authorized" screen and no recording made. Power cycled the tivo, and the channel that wasn't authorized a few minutes ago is playing fine. Sigh...

2. Killerbones

Killerbones New Member

Feb 26, 2007
    It must be a premier with a cisco tuning adapter on it.

3. tomhorsley

Jul 22, 2010
    Nope, no tuning adapter, just a premier with a cable card from comcast.

4. tomhorsley

Jul 22, 2010
    And, once again I got not authorized this morning on everything and had to go through the painfully slow tivo reboot process. I'm starting to think I should get an electronic timer to power cycle the thing every day at 3 am :).

5. wbertram

wbertram Member

Jun 14, 2002
    Lol!!!!

6. chrispitude

chrispitude New Member

Apr 23, 2005
    I have this exact same problem. It happens maybe once a month. Sometimes I don't notice it for days (we never watch live TV) and I end up with many days worth of missed recordings. A simple reboot always brings them back. It's very frustrating.

It's a Premiere with the Cisco TA.

7. Johnwashere

Johnwashere Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    This is a common problem with tivo premieres. I have a cisco TA and got it before I had the TA. I just have the change channels and then it works again.

8. Jackamus

Jackamus Member

Sep 20, 2010
    FL

I have the same problem. Expect I am in FiOS. I don't believe it is FiOS, I believe the TiVo and the Cablecard are the issue, I reboot the TiVo and the problem is resolved.

9. chrispitude

chrispitude New Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Sometimes changing the channel works. Sometimes that doesn't, but rebooting the Premiere works. Sometimes that doesn't, but rebooting both the Premiere and the tuning adapter works. It's either three manifestations of the same problem, or three separate problems.