Channel Master TiVo DVR

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by mobilelawyer, Aug 19, 2020.

1. mobilelawyer

mobilelawyer Occasional Old Timer

Jan 3, 2006
    Mobile, Alabama
  2. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Active Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Philly
    Do we really need a new thread every time someone discovers channelmaster sells the edge antenna? Three threads down, same thing.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

3. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
  4. dianebrat

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Apparently some folks seem to feel we do, I suspect it's the same as needing to have at least 3 if not more threads all going on about the new TE4 build that left out SPS30
    :D

5. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Active Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Philly

Advertisements

It's like, oh wow... I need to post this because I'm the very first person who has discovered this. I won't even search because I know I'm the first.

6. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I wonder if mobile devices have the Search box at the top of every page. I'm pretty sure signatures are suppressed.

7. mobilelawyer

mobilelawyer Occasional Old Timer

Jan 3, 2006
    Mobile, Alabama
    My apologies to all. I received the Cordcutter's blurb and assumed this was "new" news, and posted from my smartphone. I did not realize this had been posted so many times before.

8. pfiagra

pfiagra Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2014
    My guess is that TiVo and CM had a trial run over the past couple of months that was successful enough for both parties to enter into this agreement that was just announced.

it wouldn’t surprise me to soon see the information on the Edge for Antenna either be removed from TiVo’s website, or more likely, redirect you to other sites (CM, BestBuy) for purchase.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  9. trip1eX

trip1eX imo, afaik, feels like to me, *exceptions, ~aprox

Apr 2, 2005
  10. eherberg

eherberg Active Member

Feb 16, 2011
    If it's Cord Cutters News -- it's never "new". They're masters of rehashing somebody else's news and presenting it as their own. :)

11. wizwor

wizwor Active Member

Dec 17, 2013
    That's uncalled for. For those new to cord cutting or wanting to keep up with options and alternatives, CCN is a great resource.

mschnebly likes this.
  12. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    That is what many "news" sites/channels/shows do. The number of people/organizations doing first hand reporting (they did the actual investigative foot work) is pretty small, relative to all those who report based on someone else's work. However there is value when someone pulls lots of reporting on a specific topic together for you in one place.

13. dianebrat

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    That doesn't meant that @eherberg is wrong with the statement however :)

14. wizwor

wizwor Active Member

Dec 17, 2013
    No doubt you are from Boston. In New Hampshire we have a term of endearment for our neighbors to the south.

15. dianebrat

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    The point I'm making is that you can both be right, no need to be snippy about it.
    It still means there's no reason for 3 of these threads on the same subject be one from NH, MA, or WA

16. wizwor

wizwor Active Member

Dec 17, 2013
    You just show up on every thread and snipe at people trying to learn something. I walk away from this forum from time to time because the tone is so negative. Poor MobileLawyer just posted something he thought was interesting. All you people who spend all day on the forums jump on him for reposting. How about you just read the post and move on? That would be kind, right?

edwinyuen likes this.
  17. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Active Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Philly
    Or you could have moderators actually do their job and just merge duplicate threads. This seems to be the only forum I frequent where mods seem non existent or if they are here, do a lot of nothing.

18. dianebrat

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    I just don't get why you have the chip on your shoulder, and the question of why there are 3 threads on the same subject is valid, as is bringing up that there are multiple threads, if everyone decided that they wanted to post a new thread every time they had a thought instead of, I don't know, maybe contributing to an existing thread, how is that a bad thing?

I'm not the one personally insulting someone like you did, do you know anything about me? do you know why I might have commented on people not contributing to existing threads vs starting a new one every time? even the post you bi*ched at me about was not mean, nasty, or derogatory, it simply pointed out that you're both pretty, I had higher expectations from a wizard.

19. dianebrat

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    I agree on that aspect, there's always been an aversion here to merging duplicates and leaving a pointer, even when they do a merge they don't leave a pointer and folks can't figure out where their thread went.
    It's clearly TCF policy since it's very consistent when they do merge that no pointer is created, but it's not consistent as far as how often merges are done since we tend to have far too many dupes.

20. pfiagra

pfiagra Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2014
    whaddaya know, I guessed right!

TiVo EDGE for antenna
    • One device for all your live, recorded and streaming TV
    • TiVo-only features like SkipMode, QuickMode, OnePass and OneSearch
    • Record 2 shows at once. 500GB stores up to 75 HD hours
    • TiVo Continual Care Program
    • Available at Channel Master and Amazon