Channel listings update without a service connection?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by jcddc, Dec 7, 2019.

1. jcddc

jcddc Member

Sep 20, 2006
    I’ve had Sunday 12/15 filled with multiple To Be Announced listings since that day first appeared on the guide. Overnight, without a service connection, those listings appeared to have filled in. Has anyone else experienced this? I’m wondering if I should stop forcing connections to fix guide issues.

Separately, I had a guide problem earlier this week that was not fixed by a connection: Wednesday night’s South Park slot showed as To Be Announced and never updated. I had to schedule a manual recording.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Comedy Central is not a good example. I have a wishlist for "Comedy Central Programming" since it is frequently missing. But TBA is different. Something is wrong with your guide. I would complain to TiVo: Report a Lineup Issue or try a nearby zipcode.

3. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    I recently had a "delayed fix" to a "To be announced" situation, where my TiVo Guide didn't fill in until some time (less than half an hour) after a forced service connection and the loading of the data was complete--I suspect that it simply was the time that the box needed to process the data internally (it had been a full Guide data download).

Noelmel likes this.
  4. jcddc

jcddc Member

Sep 20, 2006
    That could be it. Perhaps I just didn’t wait long enough after the last service connection to check.

This and next week’s South Park are fine. I will see if the problem recurs.