Channel List issue

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Bill Tangren, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Bill Tangren

Bill Tangren New Member

Jun 26, 2020
    I own a Tivo series 6. Not sure if that is relevant or not. The operating system seems to be up to date.

Here's the issue. I get only a limited number of channels that my cable provider offers, by choice. I have gone through the channel list and removed the checkmarks next to the channels I do not receive. The problem is, when i channel surf (use the up/down arrow to scroll through channels), use the Guide button to scroll through channels, or when searching for something to record, Tivo ALWAYS shows me the channels I told it to ignore. I am constantly choosing programs to watch that are not in fact available to be viewed. And in any of the above mentioned ways, I can't tell ahead of time whether or not it is one of my allowed channels. As best as I can tell, the Channel List does nothing.

Is there any way the operating system can be fixed to stop this behavior?

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    When your guide is displayed, hit the "A" key. Choose the option for "Channels:" to My Channels. I prefer Favorites, with the checked channels reserved for those like C-SPAN since I seldom watch it. My cable company has 400 channels. I pay for 150. I check 50 and have 20 favorites.

The channel list does affect the Search option.

Noelmel likes this.