Channel List in Settings will not advance further than the ninth screen

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by pope90, May 15, 2020.

1. pope90

pope90 New Member

Oct 21, 2012
    KY
    Last week, a new OTA channel showed up in the Guide that I am not able to receive. This happens occasionally, so I went to Settings – Channel Settings – Channel List to unselect it.

Problem: I am not able to advance to the screen with the new channel to unselect it. The new channel is listed on the tenth page. I can scroll/advance to the ninth page using both the down arrow and channel buttons on the remote. When advancing to the tenth page, the UI resets by showing the “arrow” screen (made famous lately as the herald of a pre-roll ad) and then returning to the Home screen. This is not a reset and takes about ten seconds to complete. But the result is that I can never get to any channel beyond the ninth screen. And there are a lot of channels listed on subsequent screens due to TiVo’s practice of including all OTA channels in the remote vicinity of your zip code, most of which need to be unselected.

A restart does not help. Has anyone encountered this phenomenon? This happens on a TiVo Roamio OTA using TE4 (21.9.7 v.7).

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Try entering the channel number directly.

My TE4 Roamio let me scroll 120 times. It has no cable card, so I can scan for QAM channels.

I'm configured for cable, so it might be an OTA software issue.

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  3. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Here's a simpler way. All added channels are checked in the channel list, so they display with the guide's "A" option for "My Channels". Select Guide, find the new channel, hit Left to sit on the channel number then hit OK. Now select "OK", then choose remove from channel list. Done.

pope90 likes this.
  4. pope90

pope90 New Member

Oct 21, 2012
    KY
    Thank you!! That worked great. Appreciate your help.

[Further experimentation within the Channel List itself was unsuccessful. Scrolling down from the beginning or up from the end of the 19-page list would not let me get to screen 10 that held the offending channel. And entering the number directly was a problem since it was 28-2 and there is no way I know to enter a dash via the remote.]

5. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    It's written on the remote (-). The key has ->| on it. It's above the "D" key.

pope90 likes this.