Channel lineup- I'm flummoxed!

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by UCLABB, Jul 9, 2017.

1. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA

Advertisements

I have Charter/Spectrum. For some reason Spectrum has a lineup for new customers that is different than the lineup for old Charter customers. So, I called today and said I wanted the new lineup because it has Pac-12 and NBA nets. No problem, they switched me over and also upped my internet speed.

I figure I now have to get TiVo to put the new channels in the guide. Checked tvguide.com to see if there is a rebuild for the new lineup. Nope.

I check my guide in TiVo online. New channels not there.

Just for the heck of it I check the guide on the TiVo box. The channels are there! I check them in settings, channels. I'm set to go except there is no program info.

I then check my iOS app. The new channels are not in the guide!

I just can't figure out how this has happened. Any ideas? All I can figure it was just a big coincidence that TiVo updated the guide to the new lineup just as I got Spectrum to change me over.

2. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    If I understand correctly, they aren't in the TiVo guide as there is no program information which is why you don't see them in the iOS app either. Your TiVo though is getting the channel map information via your CableCARD which is why the channels are available to check in the settings.

You just need to report a lineup change to TiVo to get them to add the channels for your lineup.

Scott

3. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    Thanks, Scott. I didn't know that the TiVo box guide would list the channels because they are mapped on the cable card. With that info, it all makes sense now.

Well, off to file lineup changes, three at a time, with TiVo!

4. CoxInPHX

CoxInPHX COX Communications

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
  5. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA

Advertisements

Thanks. I first sent in the additional channels via the web lineup form. Before I had a chance to also e-mail the lineup, TiVo e-mailed me asking that I send them a copy of the Spectrum lineup. It's sounding like TiVo is slowly improving the way they respond to lineup problems. However, you would think that their own staff could look up the lineup of a cable company rather than me having to do it for them.

6. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    I got the same request when Fios added a channel a couple months ago. I sent it. No update since. I am waiting on a few new Fios channels that are coming this week to try again. Up until this, the updates usually happened within a week of submitting them.

7. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    Well, that's not a good sign.