Channel Lineup has gone haywire...

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Xadrian, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Xadrian

Xadrian New Member

Jan 28, 2006
    Williamsburg...

Advertisements

I'm on Charter cable in northern michigan... two days ago, my channel lineup went completely haywire. I received the standard notice for channel updates, but it listed TONS of removed channels and a few that were switched around. None of the lineup changes actually occurred, so my Syfy season passes are now recording random public access programs. Some of the old channel names are listed in lowercase letters, but have no guide data. And at least half the channels (even the correct ones) list "To be announced" as the only guide data.

I've reported it through the normal page, repeated guided setup, but the messed up channels are still listed. I checked the listings on zap2it.com and they are showing the weird new listing too, so it's obviously an issue on that end... but this seems significantly erroneous.

Anyone know what the heck is going on here?

2. crlayne

crlayne New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    I noticed a similar issue yesterday and did the start-up process and channel scan but with the same results. However, this seems to be more of a Charter Communications issue than a Tivo issue. At Charter's site the tv listing for northern Michigan does not show any HD channels and some standard def channels are also missing.

3. nlrushing

nlrushing New Member

Sep 9, 2007
    i am a charter customer in TN and same thing happened to me last month a few days ahead of a channel lineup change. my tivo actually updated 3 days prev to the actual change by charter. this may be what is happening for you?

4. Xadrian

Xadrian New Member

Jan 28, 2006
    Williamsburg...
    If it were just the moved channels, I'd be inclined to think that was the case. I just counted up the number of deleted channels, and they've removed 177 channels from the listings. Charter would have a lot of complaints if they were really removing all those channels. :D

zap2it.com (area code 49690) is showing the weird listings as well... normally there would be tons of channels in the 100-200 range, as well as many more HD channels in the 700 range, but they're all missing. For now, I guess I just have to go in and manually record all the proper timeslots (and hope I can remember the season passes for the deleted channels).

5. tvb6171

tvb6171 New Member

Apr 23, 2008

Advertisements

Same thing happening over here in Interlochen area too, hope it gets fixed soon, thats why I'm paying a fee.

6. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    One of you affected should fill out the lineup correction form.

7. tvb6171

tvb6171 New Member

Apr 23, 2008
    Ya I did on Monday

8. Xadrian

Xadrian New Member

Jan 28, 2006
    Williamsburg...
    Same here, already reported.

9. Xadrian

Xadrian New Member

Jan 28, 2006
    Williamsburg...
    Oh good, today's update appears to have reverted the changes. All back to normal now.

10. kilometers

kilometers New Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Cadillac, MI
    I just ran an update. No change:mad:

11. tvb6171

tvb6171 New Member

Apr 23, 2008
    Back to normal for me as well, whew I didn't realize how much we depend on the tv guide