Channel Lineup Changes - TiVo Customer Support Fails Again (3x)!

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by michael1248, May 30, 2018.

1. michael1248

michael1248 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    My cable provider went through an upgrade to all digital. Many new channels were added and many moved. TiVo never picked up on all the changes. In addition, many of the new channels have "To Be Announced" in the program guide.

After 3 telephone calls TiVo has totally dropped the ball.

Suggestions?

2. Teeps

Teeps Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...
    cable provider?
    do they require a tuning adapter for sdv channels?
    have you tried running guided setup?
    what did tivo say?

3. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    How long since you first telephoned TiVo about this? Also, telephone support is not the mechanism TiVo has set up to handle lineup problems. Rather it's this web page:
    Report a Lineup Issue
    Unfortunately even that reporting method, in addition to being quite tedious, can yield responses ranging from quick (one or two days) and good to slow and bad, or never. The page you get after submitting a report says to allow 5 to 7 days.

Another way is email to lineup@tivo.com but personally I've never had a good response from that method. I've pretty much given up on program guide errors since they switched to Rovi guide data in August 2016.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  4. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    You should re-run Guided Setup and choose the digital lineup version. Sometimes the digital lineup has been there a long while but you will never get a notice on the Tivo to change over.

dlfl likes this.
  5. michael1248

michael1248 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Time Warner...Now Spectrum

No tuning adapter, just a cable card

Have not tried to repeat the guide setup. Good suggestion!

TiVo told me to email a pdf file of the new lineup to lineup@tivo.com

6. Teeps

Teeps Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...
    You might ask them (spectrum) about tuning adapter; as I have the same provider as you.
    I've had to use a tuning adapter since they were first foisted upon TiVo users.

michael1248 it can be helpful if you add city/state to your profile.

7. michael1248

michael1248 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    I've never had to use a tuning adapter with Time Warner or with Spectrum. I receive all the channels just fine. It's just that many are not populating the in the guide and a few are mis-marked. I am going to try to repeat the setup and see what happens.

Michael
    Crested Butte, Colorado