Channel lineup change and TiVo doesn't care

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by slimoli, Sep 24, 2008.

1. slimoli

slimoli New Member

Jul 29, 2005

Advertisements

Every time my cable company adds a new channel it doesn't show up on the guide and I have to ask TiVo do work with the company to fix it. I always use the form
    http://www.tivo.com/setupandsupport/contactsupport/lineup_tool.html

to request the correction and always had a reply 2 or 3 days after with a case number. 5 to 7 days after and problem solved. That's what USED to happen but now I have already sent 3 requests , got a canned reply but no case number and no action at all, suggesting nobody at TiVo is taking care of the problem. TiVo with no Guide is useless.

2. TolloNodre

TolloNodre En Fuego

Nov 3, 2007
    As I understand it, changes are normally transmitted from the cable company to Tribune and then to TiVo.

If that doesn't happen, you fill out that form and then TiVo/Tribune have to follow up with your cable company.

If you have to submit a fix form on EVERY channel change, it sounds like you're cable company isn't doing things right on it's end. Is this a small, 'mom and pop' cable company? You might try following up with them and let them know that as a customer you expect them to work with Tribune and TiVo.

3. socrplyr

socrplyr Active Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Also note that it may help to send it pretty much directly to Tribune through zap2it.com. The guide on there is the same one as Tivo gets.
    Josh

4. slimoli

slimoli New Member

Jul 29, 2005
    socrplyr

Thanks for the zap2it hint. I just sent an email to them.

When I said that TiVo doesn't care is because this time I am not even receiving a reply with a case number, as I used to . Just the canned reply. The case number means some people is taking care of the problem and no case # is a bad sign.