Channel Guide Off by 3 Hours-Tivo Won't Fix

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by randals, Dec 25, 2011.

1. randals

randals New Member

Mar 10, 2007
    I have a Tivo HD DVR on Cox Cable in Santa Barbara. The channel guide on 2 of the HD channels (1051 and 1058) are off by THREE HOURS. Starting in November, I've sent in a total of 5 support requests, online, chat, and by phone about the problem, and although they promised that it will be fixed in a couple of days,each time, it still hasn't happened. Now I'm trying this forum to find out what I can do to get them do something.
    In order to make recordings on these channels, I have to look ahead 3 hours on the channel guide, then use "Set Manual Recording" to record my programs by time, because the channel guides are STILL off by THREE HOURS. I've been having to do it this way for a month now. Why won't they fix this problem? Does anyone have any idea what I can do next? Please help.

2. Soapm

Soapm Active Member

May 9, 2007
    Aurora, CO
    I can't imagine how this could be a Tivo problem since it runs on a central clock with a TZ offset.

What are you thinking Tivo can do about it? Are you thinking the problem is with the guide data? What about the stations themselves, do you have other non-Tivo sets that you can verify the stations are ok?

3. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Are these local channels? If not, I suggest the possibility that the guide data is for the west coast feed while you are actually getting the east coast feed. Have you checked zap2it.com to see what their schedule for these channels is? If it matches the TiVo guide data, then you should contact both TMS (through zap2it) and Cox. They are the source of this problem, not TiVo. If you have TVGN, see what it has for the schedule. If you know someone with a Cox STB, what does their program guide say?

Having said that, if zap2it has the correct times, then TiVo has an error in your lineup and you should contact them again with that explicit information.

4. btwyx

btwyx Substantive Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Mountain...
    Comcast has been swapping out East and West feeds around here. I'd guess they did that to your channels.

5. gastrof

gastrof Hubcaps r in fashion

Oct 31, 2003
    Potato and pen.
    Yep. Especially with it being only two channels, this is a problem with the data TiVo is getting from the listings service. Unless things have changed, that's Tribune.

What the Original Poster could do is check the TV listings for their zip code at www.zaptoit.com and see if the same two channels are off there too.

This would add proof that it's the listings service, since Zap also uses Tribune.

After making sure this is the case, the next thing would be....*sigh*...

Contact TiVo again, with this fact now in your quiver.

6. randals

randals New Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Cox Cable is showing "East Coast feeds" on these channels, but Tivo is showing "West Coast times". Listings shown by Cox supplied equipment shows the correct times. Since Cox has no control over Tivo's listings, it's Tivo's problem.

7. randals

randals New Member

Mar 10, 2007
    I've checked zap2it. They are showing the correct listings for an East Coast feed, which is what my cable company is showing on these two channels (SYFYHD and TRAVHD), but Tivo's listings are delayed three hours, as though for a west coast feed, which is not what's aired.

8. shwru980r

shwru980r Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2008
    If you register on the zap2it site, you can link your Tivos to your zap2it account. Then you can schedule recordings on your tivo from the zap2it listings. Since zap2it has the correct listings, the shows might schedule correctly on your Tivo.

9. lpwcomp

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    I just checked zap2it and what they are showing for Cox Santa Barbara for 1051 is SYFYHDP and for 1058 is TRAVHDP. Those are the Pacific (west coast) feeds. Admittedly, the area code I used was 93101 and if yours is different, it's possible, though highly unlikely, that your lineup is different.

It looks to me like Cox switched to the east coast feeds w/o informing TMS.

I suggest you send e-mail to both TiVo and TMS(through zap2it) with that explicit information.

I went through a similar experience earlier this year. Comcast added Fearnet On Demand but TiVo was giving me scheduling info for the Fearnet linear channel.

10. randals

randals New Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Thanks for the advice. I'll look into that, because Tivo still hasn't fixed the listings. I even went to our local Cox Cable office and gave them the story. They said that they would contact Tivo, but I haven't heard anything back.

Thanks to everyone that has responded. It's appreciated.

11. randals

randals New Member

Mar 10, 2007
    :) Hallelujah! They did it! They finally did it. The channel listing for these two channels are finally correct. They fixed it. Thank you Tivo for finally paying attention to me. And thanks again to everyone that responded to this thread.

12. lpwcomp

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    TiVo wasn't ignoring you. They cannot unilaterally fix a lineup problem. TMS has to fix it. TiVo may have contacted TMS or maybe Cox did. Either way, TiVo wasn't the source of the problem.

The lineup in zap2it is now correct, at least for the HD versions of the two channels. The SD versions are still for the Pacific feeds. So I am curious - are you actually getting two different feeds, differing by 3 hours or is the lineup still in error?