Channel Guide issues

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by PAberts, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Jan 7, 2020 #1 of 29
    PAberts

PAberts Member

Nov 18, 2004
    Mableton, GA
    Ok, has anyone else seen gaps in there channel guide? Either nothing listed starting tomorrow evening on the prime time channels (My TiVo jumps from 7:30 PM to 11:00 PM) or Not listed on premium channels.

I have forced a connection to the TiVo service and updated everything with no luck.

Suggestions?

Paul Aberts
    TiVo Premier XL

2. Jan 7, 2020 #2 of 29
    JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Compare the guide shown on TiVo Online. If it is also bad, you may have to call TiVo.

http://online.tivo.com/start/guide

update: better idea. First run the Clear Program Information & To Do List. Nothing is lost and on a Premiere it could take 90 minutes.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    ClayKY likes this.
  3. Jan 7, 2020 #3 of 29
    ManeJon

ManeJon Active Member

Apr 14, 2018
    There is also a thread on the coffee discussion on same or similar issues. Guide data and updates, to me, isn't one of TIVO's strong points

4. Jan 8, 2020 #4 of 29
    PAberts

PAberts Member

Nov 18, 2004
    Mableton, GA
    Thanks, Have gone already forced the TiVo connection and also redid the channel setup again and now it is even worse than before. Starting tomorrow evening, most of my channels either have nothing or "To Be Announced". Plan to call TiVo support shortly.

5. Jan 8, 2020 #5 of 29
    JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Did you run CPI&TDL?

6. Jan 8, 2020 #6 of 29
    WVZR1

WVZR1 Active Member

Jul 30, 2008
    The WV...
    Wouldn't it be relevant as to whether this is an XL used OTA or as a CABLE connected device?

Just seems there's much left to be 'assumed' from the OP's post!!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  7. Jan 8, 2020 #7 of 29
    JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Premium channels was my clue it's cable. I would rather repeat Guided Setup than call TiVo. Also the OP may be using Comcast which has three headends for his zipcode. AT&T only has one.

8. Jan 8, 2020 #8 of 29
    WVZR1

WVZR1 Active Member

Jul 30, 2008
    The WV...
    I saw that also BUT still MUCH ASSUMED' !!!!

Were I asking a similar question I'd have thought it maybe 1st question! zip code, provider etc!

9. Jan 8, 2020 #9 of 29
    PAberts

PAberts Member

Nov 18, 2004
    Mableton, GA
    OK, here is an update. 1. I am a cable user. Comcrap. 2. I have owned a TiVo for over 25 years and NEVER had this problem before. 3. Just called the "VERY HELPFUL" NOT, TiVo support and they claim I did the right thing by going thru and redoing my channel setup, and that it will take over 24 hours for everything to be populated. So I have to wait until 1800 EST to call them back again to complain.

10. PAberts

PAberts Member

Nov 18, 2004
    Mableton, GA
    And since I redid the guided channel setup, even more channels now to say "To be determined". Starting tomorrow at prime time, my TiVo will almost be worthless if the guide does not come back.

11. WVZR1

WVZR1 Active Member

Jul 30, 2008
    The WV...
    I haven't had issues for quite some time but I seem to recall that after redoing a set-up of any sort that a forced connection a few hours after the 'set-up' should acquire an appropriate guide if the CableCard and channels match. Tivo seems to be hinting the next scheduled connection should correct! I actually seem to recall there being 'notes' to that being displayed on the screen!

OP - if you're not wanting to be patient just do a few 'MANUAL RECORDINGS' using your Comcast/Xfinity guide!! It's only a 2 tuner XL! Seems like you're hinting the 'GUIDED SET-UP' was done this AM!

12. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    When you rerun Guided Setup, there should be a choice of providers. Chose a different Comcast headend. Maybe it will help. Also, go to TiVo Online and check the guide to see if it agrees with what your TiVo displays. A CPI&TDL takes about 90 minutes. The TiVo idiot just wanted to get rid of you.

13. PAberts

PAberts Member

Nov 18, 2004
    Mableton, GA
    Since I redid the guided setup, the TiVo connected again overnight with no changes to the guide from when I went to bed last night. If it matters, I am in Atlanta area outside, in Cobb county.

14. PAberts

PAberts Member

Nov 18, 2004
    Mableton, GA
    When I did the setup, there was only 1 (one) Comcast selection for Cobb county.

15. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Tip: The OP has his location displayed. Click on that and it takes you to Google Maps. Scroll down to the hotels and pick one. That usually shows the zipcode as part of the address. Plug zipcode into tvguide.com and it provides a list of providers. Or use Online (without login) and select Guide. Then enter zipcode and it displays a list of providers.

16. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    That's strange. Well, good luck.

17. WVZR1

WVZR1 Active Member

Jul 30, 2008
    The WV...
    I ain't here 'FISHIN' LOL!

OP- Is this an Ethernet connected TiVo or using a wireless adapter? JK wouldn't that maybe be a legitimate reason for OP's issue?

18. PAberts

PAberts Member

Nov 18, 2004
    Mableton, GA
    I have been looking at the online guide. The same channels are there. But it only goes up to tomorrow at 0900

19. PAberts

PAberts Member

Nov 18, 2004
    Mableton, GA
    My TiVo is connected directly via ethernet to the router.

20. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Anything is possible.