Channel Changing w/ IR Blaster Broken in 9.1?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by ytsemike, Oct 11, 2007.

1. ytsemike

ytsemike Member

Oct 9, 2003
    Evansville, IN

Advertisements

Anyone else experiencing failed channel changes using IR blasters after the 9.1 update? I read through a few threads on 9.1 bugs, but didn't see anyone mention this.

I have a 540 S2. Because of the digital cable box, I've been using IR blasters for ~3 years to change channels. I noticed that starting the day of my upgrade to 9.1, the TiVo is missing ~2/3 of its channel changes.

Kinda ticked me off, 'cause I was out of town for a few days and with the new fall TV on, I missed quite a few programs.

So, I re-ran the channel-changing setup and it performed flawlessly during the setup tests. So I let it go for a couple of days, and its STILL missing ~2/3 of the channel changes. It doesn't appear to be exclusive to any particular channels.

Anyone else? I guess I'll call TiVo support this weekend and try to work it out with them...but if I can't get this fixed, this thing becomes a doorstop.

2. NJ_HB

NJ_HB TiVo/MCE/PSP

Mar 21, 2007
    Piscataway,...
  3. DaveLessnau

DaveLessnau Love My TiVo!

Nov 10, 2000
    USA
    I had once case of failing to change channels properly. It was supposed to record on channel 102 and the cable box only recognized the 1. I guess 1 isn't a valid channel so it tried to load some kind of Video On Demand stuff. After a while, it stopped that and (I think) just tuned to Channel 2.

4. ytsemike

ytsemike Member

Oct 9, 2003
    Evansville, IN
    Thanks NJ_HB, but my 540 S2 is not a Dual Tuner model.

From reading that thread, its poeple having issues with getting their TiVo to figure out which tuners to use to avoid conflicts....not people using IR Blasters and missing channel changes.