Channel Changing problems

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by annenoe, Jan 25, 2006.

1. annenoe

annenoe He's a Smooth Fox

Oct 19, 2003
    Mountain...

Advertisements

Too much stuff to weed thru regarding folks having problems with channel changing so thought I would post.

Just got off the phone w/ tivo support. The 7.2 software upgrade that occured in sept did cause some serial cable setups to stop working. She cited the sony boxes for sure, not sure about any others (I have a Series 2 connected to DirecTV Sony A55 using serial connection).

The problem will be "fixed" in next tivo sw release, not ETA on that.

In the meantime:
    1) go to IR - they sooooooooooooooo suck - I hate them
    2) get a new receiver - for DirecTV, she cited the D10-100, -200 and -300 as compatible. However, I, being the good cynic and conspiracy nut, see no reason why this would be permanent solution. IOW, since they are no longer in bed together, if tivo puts out another sw upgrade in the future, DirecTV has no incentive to play along.

2. camelland

camelland New Member

May 13, 2006
    most of our problems have been arugued over on

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=4029847#post4029847

so we tried the IR setup on july 4th - the day i finally called in to comcast adn posted my last posting there...

today tivo was set to record 162 at 4pm - it went to 62 instead. this is the 1st instance since july 4th that it screwed up, but indeed, the IR solution is not foolproof.

as tivo doesn't think it's a big enough issue apparently to fix it quickly, and comcast refuses to believe the problem is with their box my husband and i came to the following:

Solution suggestions:

*Every time* anyone has this problem - - call both Tivo and Comcast - there might be just enough of us giving them enough of a headache they'll see this as a major issue and resolve this much quicker.

Comcast Support # 877-824-2288
    Tivo Support # 877-367-8486

the problem i think personally is tivo is doing updates/upgrades and comcast/motorola boxes are not - so to a point both companies maybe at fault, but if comcast/motorola won't keep up with tivo......i see a whole lotta angry customers. :(