Changing the meaning of buttons?

Discussion in 'TiVo Underground' started by NADD, Jan 3, 2006.

1. NADD

NADD New Member

Jan 3, 2006
    im new to the Tivo community my brother suggested i go check out this site its pretty sweet... but i cant find what im looking for its very simple but i have no clue how to do it.

what im looking to do is make it so that the button that looks like an arrow going into a verticle line makes the tivo just jump ahead 30 seconds in the recording instead of jumping to the next segment that its designated to jump to...

i record everything in basic cause im to lazy and poor to afford a new hard drive to upgrade it with.

from my understanding i have a basic 40 hour tivo unit hooked up to my dish network satalite reciver... if u guys need other info just tell me where i can find it and ill get it for you ive got the box sitting right next to me but im not seeing a version or anything like that.

but yeah if you guys could help me with this that would be awesome

2. 2004raptor

2004raptor time to emancipate

Dec 30, 2005
    GA
    I have no idea if this is what you want but take a look at this thread.

3. Diana Collins

Diana Collins Well-Known Member TCF Club

Aug 21, 2002
    New York...
    Start viewing a recording, then press the following keys on the remote:

Select
    Play
    Select
    Select

You should hear 3 short dings. The "skip to tick mark" is now a "skip 30 secs" button. When in fast forward or reverse in a recording, it will still skip to the next (or previous) tick mark.

4. NADD

NADD New Member

Jan 3, 2006
    awesome it works perfectly thank you very much