Changing Direct TV Pay per View recording titles

Discussion in 'TiVo Underground' started by 1dredds, Jul 18, 2007.

1. 1dredds

1dredds New Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Minnesota
    I have a TiVo Series 2 When I record Pay per View shows from Direct TV the only title I get is Pay Per View and the date. I would like to rename the title that TiVo shows so I know what movies I am choosing from. I also have the ability to transfer the movies to my PC and have renamed the files that my PC shows but TiVo still shows Pay Per View. :(

2. HellFish

HellFish I can dress myself.

Jan 28, 2007
    Do you have TivoWebPlus on your tivo? You can rename it using that.

3. Da Goon

Da Goon Registered Abuser

Oct 22, 2006
    What model tivo do you have? A Directivo or SA connected to a DTV receiver? TivoWebPlus would definitely be the simplest. Or if you have an (unhacked) SA tivo, you could take the long way and extract the movie via TTG, change the title and reinsert it using PyTivo or Tivo.NET or the like (but that would really be the long way). But if you've got an unhacked Directivo, you're stuck until you pop it open.

4. DougF

DougF Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2003
    North Dakota
    It must be an SA since the DirecTiVos get the proper title.

5. 1dredds

1dredds New Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Minnesota
    Thank you for the suggestions. I have a non-hacked TCD 24008A with a new WeaKnees 250G HD. My old HD crashed so I took the easy way out and bought a preformatted HD. To install TiVo WebPlus I’m assuming I would need to connect my HD to my PC and boot into Lynex?