changing channels

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by catlvr4, Dec 29, 2005.

1. catlvr4

catlvr4 New Member

Sep 26, 2005
    i have the tivo hooked thru a motorola cable box using a serial cable. since i've received the refurbished tivo the channel changing is acting weird. when i punch in the number to change to another channel and hit enter, the screen starts to turn over to new channel, but the blue screen which says that channel is not received flashes on for about 1 sec,[it's probably less, but seems like a second, more like a blink of an eye]. I have restarted the tivo several times and redid the channel lineup several times. and yes the serial cable is plugged in the whole way on both ends.
    any advice???
    ps, this didn't happen til i go the latest tivo.
    deb

2. ZikZak

ZikZak Neurostim Addict

Aug 12, 2002
    Arecibo, PR
    And after the blue screen flashes, is it on the channel you wanted?

3. DickK

DickK New Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Northern...
    If so, then that's the same condition as me. I see this frequently as well but apparently it's a normal thing -- at least now.

4. toreth

toreth New Member

Nov 18, 2005
    I've had the same problem since the new upgrade. I also have a motorola cable box with serial connection. One problem I have in addition to the 1 second blue screen is that sometimes it won't turn to the correct channel. It's like it's using an IR channel changer. I've checked all the connections to be sure that they are not loose. I've also unplugged the system for 5-10 minutes. It will be ok for a while then it starts again. There is nothing more frustrating then expecting to watch a favorite show and realize it taped some spanish speaking infomercial. Is it the cable box or the software?

5. catlvr4

catlvr4 New Member

Sep 26, 2005
    yes, it does go to the channel i requested...most of the time. occasionally it will get a "HICCUP" and start moving up the channels, but no biggie there. was just curious if anybody had a solution to this frustrating problem, but looks like it is normal.
    thanks

6. annenoe

annenoe He's a Smooth Fox

Oct 19, 2003
    Mountain...
    just posted something in another thread. if you haven't looked around, the problem was caused by 7.2 upgrade that occurred in September and only affects some setups. the problem is with your receiver, not your dvr, rep told me the receiver (i have a sony a55) is sending incorrect info to the tivo